about 1 year ago
Projects Commercial Manager - Talent Pool-TWMA-UKDY-020022017
With its headquarters in Berlin, Germany and with 63 production & engineering sites in 26 countries, 18 global service centers, and a rolling stock installed base exceeding 100.000 rail cars worldwide, Bombardier Transportation is the global leader in rail industry.
We cover full spectrum of rail solutions - from complete trains to sub-systems, maintenance services, system integration and signaling. While offering the broadest portfolio in rail industry, our 39.700 employees are highly dedicated to delivering ingenious products and services for better and more sustainable ways to move the world.
But most of all, at Bombardier, we see trains as more than just a mode of transport. We see trains as the future of eco-friendly travel, as outstanding examples of design and as exceptional feats of engineering. They’re also highly complex projects that need brilliant people to bring them to life and keep them running smoothly.
Therefore if attracted by acting in a complex environment of high end technology aiming to shape sustainable ways of moving people around the globe, you should apply for our exciting role of Projects Commercial Manager.
The position will be located at one of our sites in London (UK), and will report to the Head of Project Commercial Management UK.
As a Projects Commercial Manager you will take the commercial lead on a variety of complex Projects across the Western Europe region. This includes providing leadership, advice, guidance and support in regards with commercial topics while also leading project delivery from the commercial perspective.
The holder will lead commercial engagement with the customer/core project team/suppliers for one of Bombardier’s major rolling stock projects in UK.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & CHALLENGES
- Leading the commercial delivery and contractual management at all stages of the project execution lifecycle;
- Management of commercial and contractual relationships with customers, project core team and suppliers, including conducting negotiations and problem resolution;
- Maintain commercial control during project lifetime through implementation of contract management tools and procedures (including Obligation, Documentation and Change Management, and Contract Awareness) to projects;
- Leadership in the provision of commercial and contractual direction, evaluation of Variation Orders and associated contract amendments;
- Risks and Opportunities process management, and database conjunction with Operations;
- Represent Commercial Contract interests into future Bids and lead return of knowledge;
- Participate in Commercial Contract Tools Development while also mentoring and influencing other members of the Project Core Team in Commercial Contract matters;
- Lead compliance with BT’s directives, guidelines, procedures and policies in regards with commercial practices in Project Execution.
YOUR EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of experience in the field of Commercial Contracts Management, Business Development and/or Sales (preferably with a focus on railway – rolling stock or at least within other manufacturing industries);
- High level of commercial and business awareness while also detailed experience in contract management including diligent document control, reporting, drafting and preparation of claims and/or variations;
- Knowledge and experience of complex commercial contracts and current legal environment with respect to British and European legal frameworks (focus on PFI, PPP and service/outsourcing contracts);
- Good understanding of Government contracting boundaries prescribed by the NAO and the CCS and experience of commercial contract management with engineering topics;
- Proven ability to conduct successful commercial and/or contract change negotiations with Customers and/or Partners at both project and senior levels;
- Commercial and/or negotiation skills qualifications and a good background with Project Management tools and practices are highly desirable;
- At least basic understanding of contract law, business accounts and accounting practices;
- Excellent communication, follow-up and stakeholders management skills at all levels;
- You are fluent in English and you have a degree in Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Sales/Commercial or a combination of these.
Why Work for Us?
Everywhere we operate, we reward effort and initiative.
You are encouraged to ask questions and empowered to make decisions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a stimulating and open workplace which fosters teamwork, fairness, respect and diversity.
Do you recognize yourself in the description? If so, apply now online with your letter of motivation as well as your detailed CV in English.
Join us! Your ideas will move people.
For more insights on our Project Commercial Managers roles see:
Job: Project/Program Management
Primary Location: GB-ENG-London
Employee Status: Regular