about 1 month ago
Building the present, creating the future
BAM Construct UK is recruiting a Senior Project Surveyor and Project Surveyor level to join our Western region of the construction business. We are looking for Surveyors to be based around the Bristol and South East Wales areas with a view to supporting a wide range of construction projects.. These projects value at around £5 - 30 million.
• Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
• Undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work
• Assist in establishing client's requirements and undertake feasibility studies
• Perform risk, value management and cost control
• Advise on a procurement strategy
• Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
• Prepare and analyse costings for tenders
• Allocate work to subcontractors
• Provide advice on contractual claims
• Analyse outcomes and write detailed financial reports
• Value completed work and arrange payments
• Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use
• Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
• Value recovery and cost control
• Assisting in the production of Final Accounts
Who are we looking for?
• Qualified at degree level or working towards MRICS or equivalent professional level
• Demonstrable and proven track record working for a large main contractor in the construction industry
• Experience in working within a team
• A positive, proactive individual that works collaboratively with colleagues and the client team
• An expert negotiator with a keen eye for detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Confident and experienced in the use of Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Word
• Experience of working with BIM and computer aided measurement tools
• In depth experience of:
- Preparing Valuations, variations and final accounts
- Managing Sub-contract accounts & procurement
- Cost monitoring
- Producing, managing and forecasting Material procurement on site.
- Working within Company Best Practice Procedures
- Measuring and valuing works
What’s in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their potential.
Who are we?
We construct, refurbish, extend and repurpose buildings from our network of offices across England, Scotland and Wales.
We undertake award winning projects for the public and private sector.
We use the latest digital technologies and modern methods of construction, to help us to deliver projects in a lean, green and more efficient way.