about 1 month ago
Job number: UK18502
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, Yorkshire and Humber, Hull
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a PROJECT SURVEYOR to join our Highways team to work in HULL.
* To manage the project survey team in delivery of land survey requirements for the project.
What you'll be doing
You will have the following accountabilties:
* Accountable for the management and delivery of the surveying requirements for the surveying team in the accurate acquisition of asset, topographical and monitoring data, the provision of control and setting out to meet the project needs
* Responsible for safe working of themselves and others whilst carrying out their work, in line with the companys procedures
* Establishing all deliverables in the required formats to their customers
* Assist with the storing and distribution of data
* Total Station Traversing
* Digital Levelling
* Installing & Maintaining Control Networks
* Using Total Station for Topographical Surveying/Setting Out
* Using GNSS for Setting Out/Surveys
* GNSS Networking and Local Grid Site Calibration Setup
* Pre-Pour Structural QA Checks
* Laser Scanning
* Monitoring Ground Movement
* Understanding of File Formats i.e. CSV, DXF, XML, GENIO etc.
* Using DTM Models
* Knowledge in Civil 3D/AutoCAD, NRG or SCC, Trimble Business Centre, StarNET
* Understanding Design Information, Cross Sections, Cut & Fill Maps etc.
* Calculating Volumes between Construction Layers & to EGL
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
* Experienced Surveyor
* Degree or Diploma equivalent
* Current valid CSCS Card
* Driving licence
* Deliver training and support to junior survey and engineering staff
The following qualities/experience are essential:
* Full knowledge of NRG survey software.
* Experience in engineering surveying
* oExperienced in construction survey requirements
* Experience of settlement monitoring systems, methods and technology
* Knowledge of geodetic requirements for highways projects
* Very good knowledge of computer systems and modern survey equipment with data transmission.
* Writing method statements and risk assessments
* Knowledge of laser scanning applications
* Adaptable approach to work. Prepared to develop team & train junior staff
* Fully competent with total stations, precise digital levelling.
* Have full knowledge of setting up GPS and Radio Networks
* Work in difficult conditions and to deadlines
* Very accurate and meticulous person
* Preparation and managing adherence to surveying procedures
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Our Highways Business Unit maintain, manage and operate major highway networks across the UK and support local authorities creating communities where people want to live, work and play.
We provide high quality asset strategy, management and planning consultancy services to a wide range of public and private sector customers. We also provide specialist, reliable, sustainable and creative advice for asset management planning and implementation in the UK.
We create safe, flexible and dynamic public spaces. We are right at the heart of a vital place-shaping agenda that brings together local authorities, local communities, central government and the private sector.
The essential work is to keep daily life moving!
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at -******
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: -******