9 months ago
Project Support Officer
Job no: 497047 - Work type: Early Career - Location: Kings Langley, UK
As a key member of the Project Management Office you will be at the centre of delivering some of the world’s most exciting technology used by millions of people across the world.
Our development projects are highly complex requiring many technology teams to work together to deliver high quality products on time and on budget. As a Senior Project Support Officer you will play a key role in assisting team leaders execute their individual component plans as well as maintaining overall program plans.
We need your diligence and attention to detail to ensure the effort of over a hundred development engineers is organised and monitored, and we need your creativity to ensure the impact of overrunning work is minimised. You will be go-to person for all non-technical aspects of project execution, as you will have the intimate knowledge of your project’s status, budget and schedule.
* Work with team leaders to develop their individual project plans using our PPM tool
* Level all the plans contributing to a Program on a weekly basis and analyse for the best critical path of execution
* Drive the monthly project reporting cycle ensuring all sections of the report template have been completed by the relevant people
* Produce monthly project budget reports for senior management
* Maintain the resource mountain charts, which depicts what we expect our engineers to be working on in the next 2 years
* Maintain the project risk register, ensuring mitigation plan are in place and up to date.
* Record and progress all actions pertaining to your projects
* Drive the change request through our review process
* Organise and drive ad-hoc project meetings when needed
* Represent the PMO team at internal and external audits
* Be engaged and highly motivated to make your projects successful
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
* An understanding of the principles of project management including the relationship between scope, cost and schedule.
* Experience working in a project management office or similar environment.
* Excellent spreadsheet skills and able to create and maintain complex charts.
* A confident persona and the ability to influence both technical and non-technical groups.
* Knowledge of how to be effective in a technology environment without having in-depth technical domain knowledge.
You might also have
* Experience using CA PPM project management tool or Microsoft Project.
* A professional project management accreditation.
* Experience working with either software or hardware development projects.
* An interest in high-tech, particularly smartphones and graphics.
Until good is better and better is best
Dare to think big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your passion. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it takes to make an impact, you’ll be respected and helped along the way.
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from smart phones to gaming devices, smart TVs to drones. It’s our creative culture that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.