about 1 year ago
Project Supervisor (Electrical and Instrumentation)
PROJECT SUPERVISOR (ELECTRICAL AND INSTRUMENTATION) – ST FERGUS
Here at National Grid, we connect homes and businesses to power, making sure supply and demand match each other. We make sure the lights are on in schools, operating theatres and sporting arenas; we’re thousands of people working on behalf of millions of people. And whatever your role, wherever you work with us, you’ll help us hit stretching targets and achieve our far-reaching goal: to secure, clean energy that supports our world far into the future. Here, you will be at the heart of energy.
We are looking for a Project Supervisor (Electrical and Instrumentation) to join the team and help keep the projects running smoothly.
As a Project Supervisor (Electrical and Instrumentation) you will be part of the Operations Team. You will be responsible for providing operational and technical support to the business throughout the design, procurement, construction, commissioning, delivery and acceptance phases of major capital projects. This important role will see you ensure the smooth running of a vital area of the business. If you can rise to the challenge and responsibility of keeping our projects running, then this is the position for you.
* Provide effective interface between business areas ensuring that all internal & external project stakeholders are provided with operational and technical support from project initiation to completion.
* Lead the safe setting to work of all activities in accordance with the safe control of operations procedures, driving a team culture of safe working and safety compliance.
* Ensure that site emergency, security, safety, operational and environmental plans and procedures are updated, developed, authorised, reviewed and tested.
* Attendance at project planning & review meetings, hazard & risk studies, on and off site witness testing including factory acceptance testing, audit & inspection activities, co-ordination & preparation for pre-construction, construction and commissioning activities.
* Support the completion and handover of all relevant project documentation.
* Provide operational and technical feedback to project commissioning plans and activities, identifying commissioning team resources and requirements.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
* It is critical to the success of this role to be educated to a minimum qualification of HNC or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline;
* You have experience in Oil and Gas or relevant industry;
* Previous experience in Electrical and Instrumentation Systems is needed.
* Successfully Compex trained.
* Salary C.£35K reviewed each year based on you skills and knowledge for your role and your performance;
* 25 days holiday, plus 8 statutory days and an option to buy extra holiday days;
* Potential of an annual bonus;
* A generous pension scheme;
* Flexible benefits scheme.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
To have your CV reviewed and considered for these opportunities, please click on the Apply button and one of our Recruitment Consultants will be in touch. Please state your current salary through the application process when prompted.