6 months ago
We are seeking a qualified Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) professional with experience in the civil engineering/construction industry to work at Hinkley Point, one of Europe’s largest civil engineering projects.
Reporting to the Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
* Working with the project management team to proactively manage all elements of project safety, health, environmental and quality.
* Advising the project team at all levels on all safety, health, environmental and quality issues.
* Attend and actively participate in project and progress meetings with the Client, contractors and other parties as required.
* Provide a monitoring function to ensure that contractors engaged and services provided meet or exceed the client expectations with respect to SHEQ performance.
* Issuing and checking compliance with the necessary Work Permits.
* Capturing improvement and near miss cards, reviewing and recommended improvements to the project management.
* Supporting the project team in maintaining a comprehensive set of safety, health, environmental and quality records on the project.
* Ensuring that all safety, health, environmental and quality documentation is properly stored, reported and maintained.
* Implementing a programme of site and environmental safety inspections and reporting on findings.
* Investigating all accidents and incidents and reporting on findings.
* Working with the project team to drive safety, health, environmental and quality improvements and innovation.
* Review and accept project documentation including method statements, providing guidance as appropriate.
* Supporting in the evaluating of subcontractors for entry to site and onto the approved subcontractor database.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
* Hold, or be working towards the NEBOSH diploma (essential).
* Be a member of IOSH
* Experience of managing health and safety for major construction projects.
* A practical approach to health and safety.
* The ability to be flexible in their approach to work and be able to prioritise as required to ensure delivery of the project.
* Can demonstrate experience in being an effective team player.
* Ability to build good working relationships within a team and with other staff and clients.
* Have excellent communication, presentation, planning and decision making skills at all levels.
This role presents an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with opportunities for career development and progression. We offer an attractive salary with benefits which include a generous pension scheme, private healthcare, life insurance cover, and 35 days leave (including public holidays).
Dawnus is an Equal Opportunities Employer