9 months ago
Title : Project Secretary / Administrator
Requisition ID :2019-35105
Work Location :GB-Berkshire-Reading
Department / Discipline : Administration/Secretarial/Support Staff
Position Type : Agency / Contract
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Secretary / Administrator to join us in Reading until December 2019, providing a comprehensive secretarial and administrative service to our overseas Client team on a major oil and gas project.
Must be fully conversant with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook.
The primary requirement of this role will be the support of Client team personnel (overseas nationals’ resident in Reading) including general information on living in the local area.
In addition, the role will include the following:
* Be central point of contact for all visitors to project
* Arrange in-house meetings and organise refreshments as required
* Type correspondence, minutes, procedures, presentations, reports, documents etc. where terms may be technical or complex; adjust spelling, punctuation and grammar as appropriate
* Combine material from a number of sources in order to produce reports and distribute as required
* Prepare graphical material for presentations including slide shows
* Provide absence cover for Project Personal Assistant as required
Skills / Qualifications
* Proven administrative experience
* Good PC skills required
* Must be flexible and able to work on own initiative
* Good verbal communication skills
* Familiar with living in the UK
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.