7 months ago
Project Safety and Reliability Engineer-TWMA-UKDY01379992
We go the extra mile to make sure we can move millions of people safely and reliably, everywhere around the world, every single day. Join us at Bombardier, and you’ll be part of an international team, sharing knowledge and experience across countries and cultures to push technological possibilities. In the UK, Derby is a global hub for Bombardier. As the home of the hugely successful AVENTRA platform, it is a lead engineering and production site and has been responsible for engineering design for some of the world’s most exciting trains. It is here that you will help us to connect communities, cities and businesses, enabling them to get wherever they need to be. If you’re motivated to make your own progress, you can move your career in any direction.
Safety and reliability are the cornerstone of Bombardier’s reputation for providing the world’s most innovative trains. In fact, the trains designed and built in our Derby manufacturing facility have recorded record-breaking reliability statistics – setting standards internationally. Within this integrated works, your safety and reliability knowledge will therefore meet world-class standards.
In order to ensure Bombardier’s metro and mainline trains are meeting acceptable levels of safety and reliability, you will ensure these standards are managed and maintained from project phases right up until the point of service. In particular, you will take responsibility for conducting safety and reliability activities during the introduction of the product. Ensuring the design and build of our products are demonstrably reliable and safe, you will secure the necessary customer and regulatory endorsements so that the trains can go into passenger service operation. This is a crucial role to our on-going success – our trains transport millions of passengers, so it’s absolutely crucial that we are meeting meticulous safety and reliability targets, while remaining mindful of timescale and budget constraints. It’s because of these industry leading standards that we continue to excel – a reputation that you will help us support and nurture.
Bombardier offers the opportunity to work globally, making this multi-faceted role quite unique. As you will be taking part in working groups and interacting with colleagues around the world, you will have great communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively. You’ll need a sound practical understanding of concepts and procedures such as fault tree analysis, failure mode effects and criticality analysis, hazard log, and risk mitigation plans. You will also have great problem-solving skills complemented by a degree in engineering. This is a great role in which you will develop a deep understanding of the functionality of the whole train, so if you can analyse technical data to determine corrective actions and you’re enthusiastic about pushing the limits of what you’re capable of, then we can offer you a progressive learning curve that other manufacturers just can’t match.
• Technical domain, System Integration and System Architectural understanding essential.
• An in depth knowledge and experience of fault analysis techniques, processes and tools.
• Significant experience and hands on delivery of the design, analysis, development, testing and delivery of engineering solutions that solve complex requirements.
• Provide cost and schedule estimates on complicated engineering programs.
• Be able to demonstrate the ability to use this technical knowledge in the support of other departments (engineering, production, procurement, projects) and the development of less experienced engineering personnel.
• Knowledge of safety approval processes and regulatory requirements and experience of delivering against these.
• Sound understanding of concepts and procedures in product reliability and a good knowledge in related disciplines
• Rail experience desirable
Job: Health and Safety Engineer
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Derby
Employee Status: Regular