4 months ago
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood are recruiting a Project Reporting Manager who is responsible for the capability and assurance of all planning related tasks within a large decomissioning project.
This role is to support the Project Manager(s) by summarising project performance through regular internal and external reporting.
* Oversee the analysis of relevant data in order to help inform project decisions.
* Review performance against the agreed project KPIs and Schedule milestones. Proactively identify and escalate any cost or schedule issues which threaten successful delivery of the project, so that recovery action may be taken.
* Produce monthly project reports, including cost reporting and progress against the schedule baseline.
* Maintain EAC forecast based on regular updates from the project team leads. Provide summary information to the Project Manager based on EAC against Target Cost.
* Produce schedule forecasts (BCWS & BCWP), from information provided by the project planner, for inclusion in the Monthly Reports.
* Oversee the production of the monthly Valuation Certificates by the project Cost Engineer, including the management of supplier invoicing.
* Maintain the central copy of the Target Cost, updating as required by approval of Compensation Events. Provide the Project Manager with scenario planning for delivery against the Target Cost.
* Standardise the reporting process, whilst also working to improve and streamline it.
* Provide technical Earned Value Management advice and support to the project teams.
* Lead in the provision of support to project internal teams to understand their reporting needs, to identify solutions to improve teams’ reporting capabilities.
* Manage the streamlining of processes and procedures in relation to the remit of the SCP Project Controls team, including the Project Controls Plan and Reporting Requirements Matrix.
* Manage the communication of information and insight to all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
Skills / Qualifications
* Minimum HNC/D
* Experience of Cost Engineering; Confident ability to interpret findings and present insights
* Numerate, logical, organised, flexible and a creative approach to problem solving
* Basic Project Management skills
* Significant experience and proficiency with Microsoft Suite of tools (particularly with strong technical skills in Excel)
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Capable of managing own work and that of others
* Capable of working without supervision, to provide insight and help to develop the reporting capabilities of the project
* Strong team working, able to work with various internal teams to achieve project objectives
* Commercial awareness
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to work in a team environment
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.