12 days ago
Project Quality Manager
Based in Farnborough, Hampshire, Fluor Limited is the UK operating arm of Fluor Corporation, one of the world’s largest and most successful engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction, maintenance and project management services companies. Fluor employs over 60,000 people globally and serves more than 4000 clients in over 100 countries.
Fluor Ltd has a long and proud history in the UK. Commencing operations here in 1957 and have over 3,500 UK employees, 1,200 of whom are based on our modern, purpose built Farnborough campus.
From our Farnborough campus we execute world class projects for leading clients in the Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Nuclear, Power, Life Sciences, Advanced Manufacturing, Mining, Industrial, Transportation, Telecommunications and Government sectors. Such projects range from early studies and conceptual designs to basic design/front-end engineering design packages (FEEDs), through to detailed design, engineering, procurement, fabrication and construction.
From Farnborough we are currently executing the largest and one of the most complex oil and gas projects in the world alongside several other new oil, gas and pharmaceutical projects which will be constructed in the UK, Europe, Former Soviet Union, Middle East and Africa.
To help us continue to grow our existing business and meet an exciting range of project opportunities, we are. expanding our leadership and technical teams, and are currently recruiting for a Project Quality Manager.
We actively encourage staff development through continual training, challenging job opportunities and new experiences.
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
This position is a technical authority and possesses specialized skills and knowledge to handle the challenges and complexities of the business line or project Quality activities. This role oversees technical Quality (i.e., adherence to client, regulatory agency, and company requirements), is involved in Integrated Quality leadership across all Quality disciplines, performs administrative functions (i.e., budgeting, forecasting, staffing, etc.), and helps to maintain harmonious client relations.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Communicate effectively at all levels and contribute ideas that stimulate positive direction of regional or business line personnel
• Employ decision-making authority and recommendations that have a significant impact on regional or business line Quality policies and programs
• Serve as the project Quality Manager on large projects, if necessary
• Prepare project audit schedules, discipline activity plans for the Quality function, and audit reports (internal and external), noting non-conformances and verifying effective corrective action
• Provide technical and general supervision and administrative direction to direct reports
• Assist in developing an orientation program to ensure that the project teams are familiar with the requirements of the Project Quality Plan; including other Quality matters, if required
• Development of contract and purchase order quality requirements.
• Assess the ability of the suppliers and contractors to meet the Quality requirements of the project
• Perform supplier and contractor quality audits and shop surveys
• Reviewed contract and purchase order prior to issue to vendor/contractor to ensure all quality requirements have been included in the package.
• Review and approve of vendor and /or contractor documentation including inter alia Inspection & Test Plans
• Coordinating third party inspection to cover quality surveillance and monitoring of supply chain and management of discipline inspectors.
• Work with suppliers and contractors to resolve outstanding issues.
• Defining and monitoring key performance metrics and driving corrective and preventative action.
• Provide mentoring/people development for direct reports
• Other duties as assigned
• Accredited engineering/technical degree preferred in relevant discipline.
• Masters degree in engineering discipline/technical field, or administration area preferred
• Professional engineering registration preferred
• Auditor certification by outside agency (e.g., RAB, ASQ, IQA, etc.) preferred
• 9001 Lead Auditor certification required
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Demonstrable Mgt experience: ability to provide direction, development and management of departmental budget; training needs preparation etc.
• Industry experience: Oil & Gas; Power and Life Science and Advance Manufacturing (Pharmaceutical)
• Project Experience: Lump Sum, EPC experience, PMC
• Demonstrable inspection experience (NDE, welding, coating, pressure vessel, etc.)
• Knowledge and demonstrable experience in ASME, API, AWS, AS, BS, DNV, TEMA, NORSOK, ISO, ASNT, ASTM, NACE, SSPC, AISC and EN standards.
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Good leadership and decision-making skills
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.