about 1 month ago
Reporting to the Project Quality Leader, the PQE will be responsible for the quality requirements on the projects being undertaken by the project team. This will include the review and submission of customer documentation, generation of inspection and test plans etc. The PQE will be expected to liaise with customer representatives whilst promoting and supporting BHGE’s interest.
* Reporting directly to the Project Quality Leader
* Manage/Daily coordination responsibilities between Projects and the rest of the Quality Management Team
* Responsible for project contract review to ensure that all relevant Quality requirements are identified and cascaded throughout the business
* Ensuring that all necessary Quality / Inspection and Test Plans are issued in a timely Manner
* Liaising with all Quality department team to ensure that certification is compiled and delivered to contract.
* Maintain Project Quality Management systems to ensure compliance with ISO 9001, API Q1, API 17J and Project specific requirements
* Will be expected to input to the maintenance of ISO 9001 and API Q1 relating to GE’s certified Management System
* Providing support to the business supporting new initiatives, as required by the Quality Manager
* Assist production for quality engineering in development of new measurement techniques and implement changes
* Liaise with relevant departments to develop improvement/or resolve matters within area of responsibility
* Interface with customers/third party or certifying authority representatives as required to discuss/resolve Quality related issues including inspection notifications
* Active role in the development of procedures and Quality Standards to ensure compliance with applicable standards, legislation, regulations and best practices
* Preparation of detailed reports and NCR’s dispositions as required
* Investigate and analyse non-conforming product and materials and verification of corrective action relating to Quality activities
* Perform any other tasks as directed by the Project Quality Leader
* Assisting with CI process with respect to all quality activities
* Represent the Quality team during Project meetings
* Commitment and flexibility is expected
* Support the Quality function in additional duties as required
* ONC/HNC Engineering or equivalent
* Experience in Quality role in the oil and gas industry
* Professional working knowledge of ISO 9000 and API Q1 quality systems, API 17J, quality practices, continuous improvement tools, statistical principles and applications
* Professional working knowledge of quality concepts, control techniques, product, process and material controls
* Requires working knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel and bespoke in house systems
* Awareness and knowledge of specification requirements e.g. API, ASME
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to work independently. Strong problem solving skills.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Locations: United Kingdom; Newcastle-upon-Tyne