5 months ago
Core Benefits: Private Medical (Couple cover), Yearly Bonus, Notable Pension Contribution, 27 days holiday per year plus one company day
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Planner to join our Planning and Project Controls team in London. This is primarily a role working on key bids and proposals for future work in Thales GTS, as well as offering short term support as required to projects already in the portfolio that require additional planning and controls effort. As such this role will suit someone who is happy to potentially work on multiple bids or projects in parallel, and regularly move between different teams.
We’re looking for an experienced Primavera P6 Planner with developed knowledge and understanding of both planning principles and project controls. This role is responsible for the provision of accurate and meaningful project planning information – this encompasses creation, maintaining, monitoring and reporting project schedules. In order to make this role a success we’re looking for a planner with experience liaising with a number of different stakeholders, a keen eye for detail and the ability to communicate effectively.
The technology and systems expertise offered by Thales’ transportation team powers safe, reliable and efficient services to rail networks the world over. In the UK, we deliver advanced signalling, supervision and control, integrated communications, security, and information systems for urban rail, mainline rail and road networks. And as we continue to grow our business, we need more talent to join us in making our cities better connected.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
* Develop and maintain the project plan in the designated planning tool set including all contract deliverable milestones, internal milestones, invoicing and sales milestones in accordance with the Thales procedures
* Monitor the set of project schedules, costs and resources in accordance with the company timetable, procedures and working practices, cost structure and Work Breakdown Structure
* Undertake the formal update of project schedules, interdependencies, resource allocations budgets and financial status
* Generate the sectional critical path for projects, as part of integrated plans and reconcile issues and highlighting slippages (where applicable)
* Produce resource profiles resulting from the monthly schedule update process and present to the Project Control/Key Account Manager to enable reconciliation of resource data ahead of the forward load extraction
* Support the generation of Earned Value calculations, where applicable, to support project performance forecasting
* Generation of planning process/workflow for projects/sub-programmes, in conjunction with the functional processes and procedures
* Following instruction from the Planning Manager/Lead Planner, baseline and change control activities associated with the schedules
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
* Good service delivery ethos and orientation
* Developed technical project planning skills with working knowledge of common project planning toolsets (such as Primavera, Microsoft Project, SAP)
* Demonstrable experience of Primavera P6
* Appreciation of Earned Value Management techniques
* Aware of functional and departmental boundaries (working in a matrix style organisation)
* Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritise with input from direct supervision
* Good communication skills to convey planning information to a variety of stakeholders
* Appreciation of commercial, financial and general business requirements
* Knowledge of a range of transportation solutions, including train control, communication and safety systems would be an advantage
* Experience of providing a project planning service within a project environment - the behaviours that are required are:
* An appreciation of planning techniques, for example the application of critical path analysis, work breakdown structures, etc.
* A basic level of proficiency in the use of project planning tools and standard business administration software
* Basic awareness of contracts
* Working knowledge of reporting and importance of KPI's
At Thales we provide CAREERS, not only jobs. With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries and 43% of all Thales UK roles being filled via internal movements our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields.
Open to any candidate who is able to provide proof of their identity, their employment history and their right to work in the UK during the recruitment process
Great journeys start here - to play a key role in driving the success of a worldwide organisation click the apply button now!
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!