11 months ago
Title : Project Planner
Requisition ID :2018-29858
Work Location :GB-Cumbria-Whitehaven
Department / Discipline : Project Control
Position Type : Agency / Contract
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Wood is currently recruiting for Intermediate and Senior level Planning Engineers with experience in the oil and gas or nuclear industry. As the demand for our expertise continues to grow an opportunity has arisen for Planning Engineers to work as part of the Wood Project Delivery Function. This role will be based at our offices in Cumbria. The position is to provide planning services to the project manager and integrated project delivery team, including where relevant, input and coordination of sub consultants programmes to ensure delivery is consistent and effective.
* Provide an effective planning and reporting service to project managers and sponsors.
* Facilitate the production of the project WBS.
* Prepare, monitor and forecast baseline and working schedules during all project phases including input during estimating phases.
* Establish and maintain a basis of schedule for all schedules produced.
* Ensure all applicable schedule activities have `rules of credit’ and `quantity tracking’ mechanisms established.
* Identify and track all changes or potential changes to the project baseline and subsequent underpinning of change control mechanisms.
* Prepare progress reports, including earned value analysis, identifying critical areas and trends and recommend recovery options.
* Maintain the planning database and validate data across systems.
* Provide the required information to support the risk process.
* Provide project outturns against baseline for LFE and Knowledge Management.
* Mentor and support assistant planning engineers in their development.
* Checking own work and that of other planners
* Ensure the accuracy of data communicated and reported to all stakeholders.
* The highlighting of any current and potential issues to the senior planning engineer, project controls manager or project manager.
* Maintain compliance with approved processes, procedures and project execution plans.
* The active contribution to continuous improvement of the functional quality and performance of project controls.
Skills / Qualifications
* Experience in a Project Planning role
* Experience with Primavera P6 planning software
* Excel skills
* Experience with financial or cost management software
* Attention to detail and good numerical skills
* Good communication skills
* Able to work independently and as part of a team
* Bachelor degree an advantage, but not essential
* A QCF qualification in Planning/ Project Controls an advantage, but not essential
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.