18 days ago
What is the purpose of this role?
To support the CEFA Operations Team in the efficient and effective provision of programme, resource and cost management to support the delivery of tunnel examinations as part of the CEFA project. To undertake People Manager duties, to ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of team members.
What will this role involve?
* Ensure that safety is always the priority, promote safe working practices, ensure full implementation and compliance with Key Processes and Safety Responsibility Statement.
* Undertake the role of Deputy CRE (Operations) (where required and appropriate).
* Ensure that the appropriate Safe System of Work (SSOW), Work Package Plan (WPP)/Task Briefing Sheet (TBS) documentation is prepared and in place at all times.
* Ensure that close calls, near misses and any other incidents are reported without hesitation and investigated comprehensively.
* Lead the creation, development and enhancement of the baseline programme through the Planning & Robustness process.
* Ensure that the programming and planning of tunnel examinations is done in accordance with project requirements, updating the Regional Manager with progress information as required. Ensure that the resourcing and delivery of the structures examinations is done in accordance with project requirements.
* Ensure that work is planned to optimise the use of available resources, including safety critical requirements.
* Work closely with the Planning Team to ensure that all SSOW documentation, track access and safety critical resource requirements are in place to deliver the programme.
* Work closely with the Engineering Team to produce technically compliant reports and minimise rejections (A technical understanding of structures examination and STE6 competence would be desirable).
* Ensure that all work is planned to satisfy the requirements of the Contract KPI’s.
* Undertake a people manager role, ensuring that the Examiners are highly engaged and receive the necessary support and development. Ensure PDR’s are undertaken in a timely manner to include SMART business and career development objectives.
* Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with Network Rail, in order that their programme requirements are fully understood and implemented.
* Maintain regular liaison with all key stakeholders on project progress, conducting regular programme reviews with the delivery team.
* Advise the Regional Manager on the procurement of suppliers and sub-contractors where required to support and enhance the core team delivery.
* Determine requirements for non-rail access, plant and equipment necessary to undertake the examinations, then procure with support from the commercial team.
* Support the implementation of site audits, inspections and trials as appropriate.
* Manage all exam dependencies, ensuring that any issues are flagged and dealt with or escalated at the earliest opportunity.
* Ensure that all physical works and enabling requirements are notified to Network Rail in a timely manner and then co-ordinated as appropriate, in line with the programme.
* Improve and evolve our systems, tools and processes so that we can drive efficiency and bring benefits to Amey and to Network Rail.
* Support and advise the Regional Manager and the Commercial Manager on workbank change.
What are we looking for?
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Training:
· Strong inter-personal, communication and organisational skills
· Be a self-starter, able to take responsibility and work with minimum supervision
· Ability to identify and share best practice within the business
· Knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental procedures
· Knowledge and understanding of track access planning processes and systems for delivering structural--******examinations on the rail infrastructure
· Have project experience in the rail industry, ideally planning operations on-site in a live environment
· Have proven ability to work in a team environment with a dedicated approach to project deadlines
· ONC/Btech in Civil Engineering or Building (additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu on an--******individual basis).
· Full UK Driving Licence
· Have a high level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, and in particular MS Excel
Desirable Skills, Qualifications and Training:
· Customer Relationship Management
· Commercial Awareness
· Knowledge of Network Rail’s assets and how they are managed
· Relevant experience of working in a railway operating environment
· Rail safety critical competence (IWA, COSS, ES, SWL1/2)
· SMSTS / IOSH Managing Safe Work
· HNC/HND in Civil Engineering or Building
· STE 6 competent
· Be working towards, or have obtained a relevant professional qualification such as MAPM, MICE etc
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. Our team of 16,000 provides consulting and infrastructure support services. We make a difference by designing, building, maintaining and investing in our country’s services and infrastructure including the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keeping schools safe and clean, managing the UK’s defence estate, safely escorting prisoners and keeping prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver key utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on. Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.