4 months ago
Amey Consulting are working on various intricate and challenging Rail design projects throughout the UK, including Wales and Borders, TRU, Midland Mainline, and Crossrail. The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of 350+ staff, working across our 12 Rail design offices across the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards. We also support people in their need to work flexibly, to fit around any lifestyle need.
What is the purpose of the role?
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Project Manager focusing on the rail design element of our projects. This role will offer the opportunity for the right candidate to manage a portfolio of multidisciplinary or single discipline projects in accordance with the requirements of the Project Quality Plans; and to deliver or exceed the Company's agreed financial expectation for the projects portfolio in terms of value, margin and cash.
What will the role involve?
• Maximise operating efficiency, so that projects portfolio is delivered in compliance with the Project Control System to agreed standards and targets
• Implement quality improvements when opportunities arise
• Deliver revenue within agreed budgets
• Act decisively to rectify any adverse circumstances that threaten the delivery of the quality and programme agreed with the client
• Define and manage programme of projects, update regularly and ensure that activity managers have sufficient capable resources to meet deadlines
• Maintain regular liaison with all stakeholders and employees on the progress of projects
• Forecast and monitor the financial performance of the projects portfolio, providing regular (minimum monthly) detailed reports, comparing actual and forecast performance to plan expectations and explaining variations
• Ensure robust WIP conversion through prompt invoicing
• Ensure compliance with Health, Safety, Environmental and Assurance regulations
• Carry out line management duties, as required
• Ensure that all team members operate according to Amey principles and have a clear understanding of systems and processes
• Conduct weekly reviews with Activity Managers and/or project teams With support of commercial team, ensure that contracts are in place before work commences including sub contracts and purchase orders for suppliers and sub consultants
• Approve expenditure within limits of delegated authority Manage, develop, coach and motivate employees in the project team
• Maintain and develop key client contacts to maximise future business opportunities Support the development of new business by involvement on key client management process, tendering and winning work
What are we looking for?
• Degree or equivalent qualification in suitable engineering discipline
• Membership of recognised engineering / project management institution
• Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with MS Office suite and experienced in the use of project management software – MS Project, Primevera
• Knowledge of financial and contract management control systems
• Able to implement and support a customer-centric approach Able to manage, develop and motivate a team
• Demonstrable experience including previous experience in a related industry sector with some experience in the management of design projects
• Demonstrates ability to implement and meet targets Understands and upholds Amey values
• Supports and contributes to continuous improvement
• Demonstrates developed communication and influencing skills
• IOSH managing safely
• Environmental awareness Tool Box talk
• IOSH managing safely
• Environmental awareness for managers
• Personal highways safety
• Medicals – other Site management safety
What makes this role unique?
You will act as Bid Manager on tenders for tender opportunities and deputise for Senior Project Manager when required.