7 months ago
Project Manager – Rail
The Project Manager will provide functional leadership for all construction phase activities within the Project Teams promoting Health, Safety, and Environmental and construction best practice as well as coordinating construction resources across the projects in close liaison with the Agents / Foreman.
* Overall management of project teams during the construction and installation phase of the project
* Co-ordination of constructability input during solutions identification and development phase
* Co-ordination and allocation of construction staff to projects ensuring that appropriate construction and installation staff are appointed to individual projects: based on experience, skills and knowledge
* Liaises with the Project Managers to ensure that the construction resource pool is an appropriate size, with an appropriate blend of skill-sets, for the projected workload
* Overall management of construction resources including Labour, Plant and Materials
* Overall performance management of subcontractors
* Ensures that the construction and installation teams are accountable for their performance against agreed schedules and man-hour budgets
* Ensures that all construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation
* Ensures that the duties of the Principal Contractor are discharged in accordance with the CDM Regulations
What we’ll expect from you
* Experience working as a Project Manager for a main contractor working in the Rail Civils space
* Rail Experience is essential
* Must have experience of managing and influencing the design of projects to suit target methodology and budgetary constraints
* Must have proven experience of managing project teams to deliver successful site delivery safely, to programme and budget
* Must demonstrate collaborative behaviours with our client
* Previous experience working on operational property schemes including but not limited to:
* Platform and canopy renewals and refurbishments
* Staircase and overbridge replacements and refurbishments
* Construction of Access for All schemes
* Co-ordination of various Sub-Contractors to achieve project deliverables
* Willing to travel
At Murphy, we believe our people are our greatest asset, which is why they are at the heart of our company and everything we do.
The diversity of individuals and skills we require is simply huge and we need a large workforce of varied skills to match the size and complexity of our projects.
With such a range of projects and professions, Murphy is the ideal place to develop your career. We offer a number of apprentice, graduate and entry level positions within our Murphy Academy, as well as roles for more experienced candidates.