22 days ago
Project Manager - Orphoz
* Bachelor’s degree in business, economics or engineering with a strong record of academic achievement
* Previous experience in project management and delivery in a Project Management Office (PMO) in the context of transformation projects, with proven experience of directly managing teams, demonstrating strong leadership capabilities
* Prior experience in a PM lead capacity where you routinely conducted workshops and coaching sessions for your team
* Clear areas of expertise in programme/project management, lean management, process optimization, and organizational design
* Ideally have gained PMO experience in programmes with significant core-tech components (Cloud/digital/customer experience)
* Qualifications including Agile, Scrum, Prince 2, Lean Six Sigma, and Jira are desirable
* Action driven individual with strong pragmatic problem-solving skills
* Flexibility and agility required in a consulting environment
* Exceptional communicator. Communicate fluently and efficiently (verbally and in writing) in English. Foreign language skills are an advantage
* Proficient user of MS Office products, especially Excel and PowerPoint
* Flexibility to travel extensively, COVID-19 restrictions permitting
Who You'll Work With
You’ll have our London office as your base, and will be part of Orphoz, working closely and in partnership with clients' senior management and their specialist departments.
As a subsidiary of McKinsey & Company, Orphoz offers a unique combination of experience, knowledge, network resources, and flexibility. Orphoz helps leading private sector organisations execute transformation programs in a time of accelerated change. We turn strategy into practice, using agile, efficient, and highly engaging methods that work on the ground rather than just looking good on paper.
Orphoz integrates the skills, the approach, the corporate culture, and the resources that lead to the success of complex and challenging transformation projects and is ideally positioned to smoothly implement strategies designed by McKinsey & Company.
Our Orphoz private sector arm leads cross-industry project management and execution, drawing on the experience and knowledge of a worldwide network of experts. We engage at a deep level across our clients’ businesses, working in small teams to build the capabilities, systems, and processes needed to deliver bottom-line results and then ensure those results will be sustained over time. Our work is about delivering lasting outcomes.
We plan and deliver change projects together with our clients, helping them capture their full potential. We know what determines the success of large projects and what can ensure lasting implementation success. We work closely and in partnership with our clients' senior management and specialist functions. We combine strategic and operational project management, with strong execution skills and an understanding of the specific demands of each industry. We measure our success by achieving the goals we set together with our clients.
What You'll Do
You will work largely in the Private Sector and concentrate on project and change management and supporting implementation of change programmes to ensure they are delivered fully and consistently across organisations.
Backed by a solid foundation in the lean management philosophy, you will systematically apply project management methods in all project phases. You will drive change and execute initiatives successfully, coaching clients across organisations. These projects will often have a digital and technology angle.
You will be the leader of the project: leading the implementation process stages, leading the project team including consultants and senior clients, and managing workshop and implementation content.
You will be responsible for between one and two consulting projects and will serve as key contact for our clients. You will independently manage projects and ensure the quality of the project work. You will also share responsibility for preparing proposals and winning engagements.
FOR U.S. APPLICANTS: McKinsey & Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
FOR NON-U.S. APPLICANTS: McKinsey & Company is an Equal Opportunity employer. For additional details
regarding our global EEO policy and diversity initiatives, please visit our
McKinsey Careers and
Diversity & Inclusion sites.
share this job
Job Skill Group - CSS Associate
Job Skill Code - IL - Implementation Leader
Function - Operations
Post to LinkedIn - Yes
Posted to LinkedIn Date - Thu Apr 29 00:00:00 GMT 2021
LinkedIn Posting City - London
LinkedIn Posting State/Province -
LinkedIn Posting Country - United Kingdom
LinkedIn Job Title - Project Manager - Orphoz
LinkedIn Function - Consulting;Project Management
LinkedIn Industry - Management Consulting;Mechanical or Industrial Engineering;Program Development
LinkedIn Seniority Level - Mid-Senior level