11 days ago
Project Manager - Nuclear Island
Project Manager (Nuclear), London, 12 Month Full- time FTC, £60,000 - £70,000
Closing date 09th May 2021
#WeAreEDF and are leading the transition to a cleaner, low emission electric future, tackling climate change and helping Britain achieve net zero.
As part of our plan to secure a low-carbon energy future, EDF’s Nuclear New Build (NNB) team is developing a programme to build a fleet of safe, reliable nuclear power stations in the UK, focussed on two new nuclear power stations, the first since Sizewell B in 1995. The first station is under construction at Hinkley Point C (HPC) in Somerset, and NNB’s aim is to build a second at Sizewell C (SZC) in Suffolk. The SZC project is currently in the development phase, with UK public policy; financing; commercial and construction arrangements being established. The intention is to begin construction of the project at the end of 2021.
The HPC Project is one of Europe’s largest construction projects and the first new nuclear build in the UK within private ownership. SZC looks to replicate this. Unlike HPC which is equity funded, SZC will require a new model of funding that brings the overall risk to construct, operate and decommission for investors down to a level that will attract investment at regulated asset rates of return.
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to join the SZC project, responsible for the end to end delivery of a scope of Systems, Structures and Components, ensuring contracts are delivered safely to quality, on time and within cost.
Reporting to the Nuclear Island (NI) Engineering & Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for the direction of all activities associated with the full life cycle delivery of contracts assigned to them whilst also working with a matrix team of other disciplines forming the project delivery team, namely the SZC supply chain team, the Responsible Designer (RD), the SZC quality team and suppliers.
You will have the following main accountabilities:
• Sufficiently advance the engineering project and secure the supply chain to de-risk the Final Investment Decision (FID), through the maximum possible replication of the HPC detailed design
• Securing the required resources to meet their project requirements
• Drive the delivery of the contract or package activities to ensure they are delivered safely, on time, to budget, meeting business and technical requirements
• Monitor and manage the progress of the programme and provide key stakeholders with reports
• Ensure the List of Deliverables relating to the scope of work is delivered
• Apply the theories of Earned Value Management
• Apply the theories of Continuous Improvement
• Ensure that lessons-learnt and knowledge-capture are practiced
• Ensure that contract or package contractual requirements are fulfilled
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with project team members
To be successful in the role, you will be able to demonstrate the following skills/ experience:
• Track record of delivering end to end projects ideally within the nuclear sector or a highly- regulated environment (oil & gas, aviation, etc)
• Demonstratable success in managing and developing multi- discipline EPCM projects, including management of complex contracts (NEC, FIDIC), control of costs and scheduling
• Experience of successfully engaging groups of stakeholders
• Able to demonstrate strong management skills including project management, financial management, change management and facilitation
• Proficient in the use of estimating scheduling, programming and risk tools
• Understanding the needs of nuclear quality and how nuclear quality is assured and controlled
• Good presentation, influencing and facilitation skills
• Excellent communication and organisational skills, able to develop relationships and maintain effective networks
• Strong numerical and analytical skills
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.
Please let us know if you require flexible working arrangements by highlighting this on your application. We’re happy to talk flex in line with the requirements of this opportunity.
We are leading the UK's nuclear renaissance, we’re constructing a new nuclear power station at Hinkley Point C, with plans for new power stations at Sizewell C in Suffolk and Bradwell B in Essex. Around a fifth of the UK's electricity is generated by our eight nuclear power stations, helping power our customers' homes and businesses.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. It’s a powerful statement of our intent to make sure we’re about the people who work with us – a rich and unique mix of backgrounds and experiences that’s vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation like ours. Whoever you are and wherever you come from, we’ll embrace the difference you bring and give you opportunities to thrive and succeed.
Join us. Together, we’ll help Britain achieve net zero.