9 months ago
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - no compromise, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Be a part of our programme management consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee major events and infrastructure programmes of work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
The project is split into programmes or work aligned to either plant islands or disciplined based scope; which are in turn broken down into discrete contracts or packages of work in accordance with the contract and work breakdown structure(s). Each programme will be delivered in part by client resources and in part through one or more (interrelated) major contract(s). The accountabilities of the project manager are applied to differing levels of scale and complexity.
Project Manager - Nuclear
The project manager reports directly to a senior project manager and is responsible for the direction and leadership of all activities associated with the full life cycle delivery of a contract or work package assigned to them.
This post has the responsibility to ensure delivery of all (or part of) the engineering, procurement, manufacturing, construction and commissioning activities for the life cycle of the contract or work package in accordance with the overall project schedule. This post will ensure planning and delivery is in accordance with all safety, quality, time and cost parameters to meet the needs of the project.
This post will manage a portfolio of equipment contracts associated with one of three streams of work.
The three streams consist of:
* Equipment programme pump contracts
* Equipment programme valve contracts
* Doors, airlocks and equipment hatches
Your responsibilities will include:
* Defining the work scope to be delivered within the contract or package of work and the interfaces to the other elements of the programme.
* Securing the required resources to meet their project requirements, ensuring the maintenance of SQEP for any assigned resource and promptly identifying any personnel shortfalls or issues within their project team.
* Developing and executing effective execution strategies and plans in line with the overall programme execution plan (PEP), setting out how the programme of work will be managed, organised and executed. The PEP sets out the “why”, “what”, “how”, “when” and “who” for the delivery of the programme.
* Maintaining effective communications with all stakeholders and executing the project or PEP strategies within their contract or package of work.
* Leading the drive of the delivery of the contract or package activities to ensure they are delivered safely, on time, to budget, meeting business and technical requirements. Monitor and manage the progress of the programme - track progress against milestones, deadlines, budget and provide key stakeholders with reports on these matters
* Anticipating, managing and resolving issues within the contact or package. Identify risks and facilitate the resolution of all issues raised, develop and update the programme budget, and escalate any issues to the delivery manager (programme manager or director).
* Ensuring level 3 schedules are developed and maintained for the contract or package of work. Ensure such schedules are consistent with overall project schedules (levels 1 and level 2). Escalate any discrepancies to the project controls director.
* Interfacing with other programmes to ensure a high-level view of how the total project is progressing and to identify and adopt the use of best practice.
* Ensuring that contract or package contractual requirements are fulfilled.
* Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all project team members.
* Managing the procurement and management of complex contracts.
* Controlling costs, risk, schedule and change and proficient in the use of earned value tools.
* Closing out of commercial claims and the associated negotiations.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
* A track record of delivering projects within a technically complex and dynamic environment whilst ensuring high levels of safety, security and environmental responsibility, ideally but not exclusively, within the nuclear energy sector or similar regulated environment.
* Engineering design, contract and field execution strategies for project delivery.
* Experience in multi-discipline EPCM projects.
* Experience of successfully engaging groups of stakeholders.
* Experience with working with overseas contractors and stakeholders.
* Experience of managing project through the project lifecycle from concept to handover.
* Experience of managing contractors, consultants and other advisors throughout large and complex construction projects, in a regulated environment including NEC or FIDIC contracts.
* Demonstrate strong management skills including project management, financial management, change management and facilitation. Proficient in use of estimating, scheduling, programming and risk tools.
* Good knowledge of CDM Regulations.
* Knowledge and/or practitioner of project management with experience of applying either APM body of knowledge and OGC's Prince 2.
* Detailed understanding of PWR design and experience in PWR operations.
* Good understanding of the needs of quality and how quality is assured and controlled.
* Good presentation, influencing and facilitation skills.
* Excellent communication skills, working knowledge of French language is an advantage.
* Strong organisational skills, able to develop relationships and maintain effective networks.
* Strong numerical and analytical skills.
* Engineering qualification of HNC/HND or degree is preferred.
* Chartered status in an engineering, construction, Physics or other related field is preferred.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”