8 months ago
Project Manager - Nottingham / Cambridge
This is an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager with a real passion for delivering a diverse range of projects. Joining the team in our Cambridge or Nottingham office, you will have relevant experience of Development / Project Management which you will bring to the team in delivering multiple projects to our commercial, retail, residential and defence sectors. We have several ongoing defence related projects where you can add value straight away.
You will have the drive and energy to lead the project, empowering the project team to deliver the required solution, in line with the client’s scope. As a Project Manager you will already know that no two days are the same and thrive in the diverse nature of this work.
You will continue to develop a wide range of project management skills and knowledge, working closely with clients, stakeholders and other WYG disciplines to develop and deliver interesting projects across a wide portfolio of projects in challenging timelines. You will have the commitment to develop your skills and knowledge by way of continued professional development.
Due to the varied nature of our work, it’s vital that you’re highly flexible and keen to learn and grow in all the areas and sectors we work in. We are looking for a professionally credible and commercially minded project manager with enthusiasm, energy and the ability to work under their own initiative and meet our client’s expectations. Customer facing you will represent the WYG multi-disciplinary offering and act as the Professional Advisor.
The ability to identify project requirements, develop a programme of delivery, control costs, manage project governance and manage a team of people from across the business will be crucial for success. You will be busy, challenged and well rewarded.
You will ideally be from a Project Management background with a project management qualification and be committed to achieving full member status with either the APM or the RICS. You will have a proven track record to demonstrate; clients’ requirements have been met, projects have been completed on time and within budget, and management of a team to ensure that all obligations have been met and discharged. Your colleagues’ have diverse backgrounds from the armed forces, housebuilding, construction, rail, energy (from nuclear to peaking plant), infrastructure (built), retail and leisure, to name but a few.
Typical responsibilities will include:
* Setting the Client Brief,
* agreeing project objectives,
* representing the client's interest,
* appointing, organising & leading the project team,
* providing independent advice on the management of projects,
* awareness of procurement options, contract management and the discharge of statutory and third-party matters arising from the operation of standard building contracts,
* programme and procurement management,
* risk assessment,
* making sure that all the aims of the project are met,
* responsibility for capital budgeting, control and cash flow of projects,
* making sure the Group’s quality standards are met,
* using the latest IT to keep track of people and progress,
* monitoring sub-contractors to ensure guidelines are maintained,
* accounting, costing and billing,
* be an ambassador for the group within industry, and
* be a representative for the group across the many services we offer our clients
In addition, you must
* Possess the resilience to manage a large workload and meet deadlines, have a strong attention to detail, matched with pride and ownership.
* Be willing to obtain SC security clearance (if not already held)
* Have a strong construction background
It was also be desirable if you have the following experience/qualifications:
* A valid driving licence – A number of our sites are remote and not served by public transport.
* NEC 3 – Approved Project Manager Qualification or experience of utilising this form of contract.
* Experience of delivering projects to BIM Level 2 utilising a CDE and an understanding of PAS 1192.
* Have a security vetting status of SC.
If you think you can demonstrate these attributes, we look forward to hearing from you.
At WYG we develop, design and deliver interdisciplinary projects that support a sustainable future; from technical solutions to complex challenges. Our teams connect across a project lifecycle, creating tailored programmes that address client needs and manage risk.
* We work alongside clients to develop their strategies and plans providing the services they need to unlock opportunities.
* We design for outcomes that realise value for clients and make a difference in communities
* From single projects to large-scale programmes of work we deliver against our client’s objectives and are adept at working in complicated or highly regulated environments
WYG is now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.