4 months ago
About the Role
At WSP, you’ll find yourself challenged in more fascinating and far-reaching ways than ever before. You’ll explore new and inspiring opportunities to make the most of your expertise, broaden your professional horizons and create exciting new possibilities for people, organisations and society in general.
WSP are working with Lincolnshire County Council as a single, integrated team. This truly collaborative approach sees WSP and Lincolnshire colleagues working side by side to collectively deliver the full highways service to local communities.
The role will be primarily based at the Grantham Southern Relief Road site offices at Grantham. You will work alongside the Senior Project Leader for the scheme.
A typical week would require you:
* Responsibility for ensuring the construction of the £100m Grantham Southern Relief Road in accordance with the contract.
* Management of the site team in the delivery of their duties.
* Making recommendations and reporting to the client.
* Problem solving - undertake investigations and inspections, and assist finding solutions to client problems through applying appropriate analysis techniques and preparation of clear reports.
* Ensure that all projects and activities have an approved safety plan and that health and safety issues are managed through the project plan.
* Ensure that hazards arising from, or associated with project or activities undertaken are identified, reported and managed including self-management where appropriate.
* Contribute on an on-going basis toward maintaining a safe working environment both for yourself and for those working with you or in your close
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Civil Engineering degree or equivalent
* Chartership preferable
* Minimum 10 years of project management experience
* Expert in delivering NEC3/4 contracts
* Highway design knowledge
* Significant project management experience
* Procurement experience
* Excellent working knowledge of NEC ECC contract
* Good knowledge and understanding of CDM regulations.
* 15 years’ minimum site experience.
* CDM knowledge
* Problem solving abilities
* Computer literate (MS Office plus other MS applications)
* Excellent written and verbal skills, good analytical skills.
* Good knowledge of highway design.
* Experience working with HA/HE
* Experience working with Network Rail
* Good experience working with NEC Option C
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
A little bit about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.