4 months ago
About the Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think groundbreaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are looking for a talented Project Management Professional to lead the delivery of our Services for one of our key clients who is seeking to deliver a nationally Significant Infrastructure Project.
Overseeing a large team of land professionals, you will be required to lead and manage the day-day delivery of our services, on one of our major infrastructure projects, ensuring our services are provided on time, to the required quality and within the allocated budget.
Our clients develop major aviation, highway, rail, energy and water infrastructure Projects. We are seeking to appoint an experienced Project Manager who can effectively lead a diverse team whilst being the principal point of contact with our clients in the delivery of the project.
A typical week would include:
* Leading on the safety, health and wellbeing of the project team
* Reviewing and advising on the contract scope and discuss with project delivery team
* Managing the interface between the Client and WSP and managing all progress reporting and cost controls in collaboration with the Technical Manager on the project
* Forecasting and cost to complete reporting to client and internally off-line and online
* Leading risk workshops where appropriate
* Ensuring the team are aware and able to fulfil the monthly forecast hours
* Programming in collaboration with the Technical Manager on the project
* Developing KPIs with assistance from the Technical Manager and Principal PM
* Ensuring that quality procedures are being adhered to through discussion with the lead referencers and Technical Manager
* Setting up regular internal / external progress meetings
* Discussing where efficiencies could be made to give the client 'added value'
* Ensuring that the project has sufficient resources to meet the demand of the programme - in collaboration with the lead referencer and London office team leader and those leading on GIS and PinPoint
* Managing a delivery team of land referencers, GIS Technicians and data managers with a multimillion-pound pipeline of work (dependant on project mix).
We would love to hear from you if you have:
* An appropriate degree qualification in a relevant discipline
* Membership of a Professional Institution
* APMP, Prince2 or similar Project Management qualification
* Experienced project manager with a track record of successful delivery of services on major projects
* Ability to interrogate, question and challenge information
* Ability to coordinate the submission of accurate reports to predetermined deadlines
* Understanding of project management, project controls and procedures normally associated with a major integrated infrastructure project
* Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel and Project (or Primavera P6)
* Previous experience of commercial contract/ project management
* Experience managing internal teams and interfacing with client organisations
* A working knowledge of the DCO, CPO or hybrid Bill processes
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.