6 months ago
Project Manager - Land Contamination - (BIA0004MN)
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and consultancy services for industrial, commercial and government organisations globally.
With more than 77,000 people globally, our teams collaborate, innovate and create. Our people are proud to have been behind some of the greatest consultancy and engineering feats over the past 70 years.
We foster a collaborative and inclusive environment for our people, and our partners, and we want you to be a part of our growing business.
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts.
Our Environment, Maritime and Resilience business provides a focus for advising our clients on sustainability issues including renewable energy, low carbon economies, impacts of climate change and waste and resource management. Our environmental capabilities comprise of in excess of 1000 staff based predominantly in the UK, but with reach into the Middle East and in India.
Due to an increase in workload, we are seeking a Contamination / Remediation Specialist who would enjoy the opportunity to work on an exciting mix of high profile projects.
You will work on a range of multidisciplinary projects, supporting specialists and contribute to the safe design, implementation and management of ground investigations and soil/groundwater remediation works. You will be required to liaise with teams of varying complexity and size as well as engage stakeholders.
The principal function of this position is to Undertake project work involving all elements of geo-environmental investigation/remediation and design, providing technical input as part of a multi-disciplinary team, or working independently on particular projects. The priorities of this role include:
• Working with specialist land contamination specialist’ including hydrogeologists, environmental scientists and risk assessors as well as interacting with other environmental and construction professionals.
• Manage projects of differing sizes to technical financial, and commercial expectation in accordance with company policies.
• Manage / supporting on multi-site international environmental due diligence efforts including site audits for HSE
• Manage the safe delivery of geo-environmental site investigations for soil sampling and ground gas/vapour/leachate/groundwater and surface water monitoring/sampling.
• Experience in soil/groundwater remediation management, design, specification, procurement of subcontractors, implementation, and verification.
• Familiar with the health and safety requirements associated with our business.
• Experience in successful stakeholder (including multiple regulators) negotiation.
• Ability to manage / supervise contractor management, liaison and supervision; typically site investigations, earthworks, remediation, materials management projects, etc.
• Factual and Interpretative Reporting for Phase I and II assessments.
• Compliance with Health and safety Policies and Procedures, including preparation of Health and Safety Plans for site investigation and managing health and safety on site.
• Supporting senior management in developing new business and preparation of commercial offers.
Qualifications & Experience
• First Degree in Geology/Environmental Sciences/Chemistry or other relevant discipline
• MSc/PhD in a relevant subject area reports
• Consulting experience within the land contamination industry
• Applying for or achieved professional chartered status in a recognised and relevant environmental discipline
• Understands the related regulatory and/or industry requirements and practices
• Solid technical and numerical skills with an emphasis on quality control, logical thinking and concise reporting.
• Good problem solver and analytical thinker
• Self-motivated and able to work under own initiative or as part of a larger team
• Innovative individual looking to develop technical and management skills, willing to tackle new challenges both within Ireland, the UK and internationally.
• Willingness to work both in Ireland and aboard if required
• Driver’s licence
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go ‘BeyondZero’ by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
#biireland #ContaminatedLand #UKEnvironmental
: United Kingdom-United Kingdom Countrywide-Belfast
: Mar 25, 2019, 12:04:34 PM