8 months ago
Project Manager - Land and Air Systems
Core Benefits – Private Medical (Couple cover), Yearly Bonus, Yearly Salary Review, Pension, 201 hours holiday per year + 1 company day.
Thales teams deliver cutting-edge solutions to armed forces all over the world. We are Europe’s number one supplier of defence electronics and a leading provider of integrated air defence systems. But our people don’t just work with incredibly advanced technology. The armoured vehicles we build can resist the full force of improvised explosive devices, while our avionics solutions control some of the world’s most iconic military aircraft. Together, our people make the world safer.
The position requires professional project management capabilities to be applied - giving rigour to change control, commercial awareness and stakeholder management including internal and external key UK and international customers.
This role will require occasional international travel.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Deliver the key results and performance metrics of the projects, including order intake, sales, gross margin and cash.
- Creation of the initial Project Plan during the bid or “Demand” phase of the lifecycle through requirement capture, work definition, estimating and scheduling that will include all Milestones, activities, resources and any other feature that will require to be delivered.
- Project Governance (the Gate and Stage Processes) over the bid and project delivery activities to ensure project, technical, procurement and support processes are applied and are effective in controlling risks.
- Ensure all business planning and reporting is published in accordance with Business directives e.g. Project Management reviews (PMR), Business Operations Report (BOR) and On Time Delivery (OTD).
- Drive Quality, Cost & Delivery performance through close working with other functions.
- Manage all project stakeholders; ensuring strong communications are established and maintained.
- Ensure that members of the project team are actively managing Risk and Opportunities, and have a robust Project Management Plan.
- Ensure data integrity of all project information including financials and schedule. Use the Oracle and Primavera toolset to hold all financial, schedule and resource information. .
- Ensure “Lessons Learned Management” is applied to all projects, entailing application of lessons from other projects, and capturing lessons learned on specific projects under your control.
- Travel within the UK and abroad in support of assigned project activities and to aid the development of stakeholder relationships.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience;
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to deal with customers, partners, suppliers and other parts of the business (stakeholder management skills).
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills with written presentation and report writing skills.
- Analytical skills aligned with the need to carry out detailed investigation of cost variance(s) and publishing of financial information directly into Company financial reports.
- Proficient user of Primavera, MS Office and MS project applications.
- A proven track record of delivering successful projects in support of Project Management Team.
- Full business lifecycle management, including capture, qualification and winning strategies.
- Comprehensive experience and understanding of the Project Management process (including Change Control, Risk Management and Information Management).
- Comprehensive experience and knowledge of the project life cycle for complex projects through delivery of Development, Implementation, Closure and Support activity.
- Ideally but not essential IPMA Level D professional accreditation or equivalent Association for Project Management (APM) qualification or be willing to work towards an International Project Management Association (IPMA) professional accreditation.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!