about 1 month ago
Feltham, United Kingdom
Area of Interest
Project or Program Management
Program Start Date: Summer 2021
Duration: 6-month internship
Cisco Service Logistics and Operations (S.L.O) is part of the Global Customer Experience Center and tasked with delivering hardware replacement support to Cisco’s customers and partners. Initial service is primarily delivered through the Customer Experience (CX) Support Services organisation. Once determined by the (CX) that a hardware replacement is required to address a network issue experienced by the customer, it is S.L.O responsibility to ship the replacement part (Cisco equipment) to the customer on time.
Cisco S.L.O is a worldwide organisation, dedicated to the successful fulfilment of spare part (RMA) order requests. Europe, Middle East, Africa & Russia (EMEAR) operate in partnership with Third Party providers on our warehousing, transportation and field engineering support.
So if your desire to work in leading-edge technology is matched by your drive to make a difference, then the Project Management Internship is the right challenge for you.
What you will do:
The charter of Global CX Center Operations team is to plan, execute and accelerate the delivery and business Performance to orchestrate and enable the transformation of CX into the desired Future State. The key focus area for the Project Manager is to support their function and successfully deliver on their commitments to make Service Logistics & Operations the most optimised in CX business.
You will be supporting the Business Commercial Operation Trade Team (BCOT) in their daily tasks as well as take part in hands on projects.
Day to day that means
* Assistance in successful completion of customer projects led by Project Managers.
* Ensuring the accuracy of project data in internal tools and systems.
* Extract and prepare meaningful analytical insights from business operations data.
* Being an active team member within the BCOT team, ensuring effective communication.
* You will also be using collaboration technology to work cross functionally within a global team.
What we offer:
* The opportunity to shadow professionals and understand how a complex Supply Chain operates
* Understanding of core Project Management knowledge areas within a Supply Chain
* Interaction with Cisco employees and clients all over the world
* A 6-month paid internship
* 20 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
* Studying towards a degree (Bachelor’s or higher) with a focus on Business.(being a student for the duration of the internship is a must)
* On track for a 2:1 or above
* Project Management skills (extra curricular / or job experience or certification) with an ability to prioritise your workload.
* You are able to live and work in the United Kingdom without additional VISA sponsorship from Cisco
* You are proficient in English
Skills Needed to Succeed:
* Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to details
* Can produce quality work under pressure with immediate deadlines
* Able to adjust in rapidly changing environment
* Have excellent written, verbal communication skills, with the ability to present to large groups with confidence
* An analytical mindset where you can easily translate data into business insights
* Passion for Tech
Our selection process is as follows: Application -> Recruitment Screening -> Hiring Team Webex Interview (w/c 11 Jan) -> Final Round Webex Interviews with Hiring Managers (W/C 18 Jan).
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!