12 months ago
Two of Europe’s most prominent and innovative engineering and construction companies – Laing O’Rourke and Murphy – have come together to form LM, a powerful joint venture, supporting the growing number of major transport infrastructure projects across the UK.
Both organisations are market leaders in high-speed rail delivery, tunnelling, bridge construction, civil engineering, offsite manufacturing and digital engineering.
LM, along with Fusion JV and CS JV, have been awarded the enabling works for High Speed Two. Delivering the essential early works will include archaeology, site clearance and setting up construction compounds – ahead of the start of the main civil engineering work.
The £900 million enabling works contracts cover the whole of Phase One, from London to Birmingham, West Midlands (County) and the connection to the West Coast Main line at Handsacre in Staffordshire
Key responsibilities and duties:
* Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the Health, Safety and Wellbeing department.
* Build effective relationships with the HS2 construction manager and act as a key point of information on matters relating to works
* Take a personal interest in identifying, coaching and developing key staff.
* Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
* Overall management of project teams during the construction and installation phase of the project.
* Co-ordination of constructability input during solutions identification and development phase.
* Co-ordination and allocation of construction staff to projects ensuring that appropriate construction and installation staff are appointed to individual projects: based on experience, skills and knowledge.
* Liaises with the Project Managers to ensure that the construction resource pool is an appropriate size, with an appropriate blend of skill-sets, for the projected workload.
* Overall management of construction resources including Labour, Plant and Materials.
* Overall performance management of subcontractors.
* Ensures that the construction and installation teams are accountable for their performance against agreed schedules and man-hour budgets.
* Ensures that all construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation.
* Ensures that the duties of the Principal Contractor are discharged in accordance with the CDM Regulations.
* Ensures that all temporary and permanent construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with agreed quality procedures.
* Interfaces with the all other functional leaders within the organisation to facilitate successful development of the project from solution stage constructability through construction, installation, commissioning and handover to the client.
* Ensure regular input from the Project Manager is gained on third party, environmental and public relations issues.
* Participate in, and positively promote, the Murphy Culture Development Culture (leading to Zero Harm).
* Uphold and act in accordance with LM values and principles
* Participate in and positively promote the LM ‘Making the Right Choice’ programme
* Ensure compliance with JV policies and procedures
* Attend and engage with JV-wide collaboration / learning and development related activities
* Constantly work to enable the broader team to deliver against EWC North goals
As part of our Equality Diversity and Inclusion policy, we are committed to supporting any adjustments that you may require in both your application and any potential interviews.
As part of our support to you please let us know if you require any adjustments that need to be made by LM to help you. If you have a disability that you would like to bring to our attention in advance of this application
LM are committed to providing candidates with the widest possible support to actively improve accessibility and usability of our recruitment process. In order to achieve this we ask that you complete a short anonymous survey which will be used to inform the way in which we recruit so that we can have an effective recruitment process that supports all potential candidates.
This will not affect your application and the data is not shared with any third parties and is only used to ensure we are an accessible employer.