4 months ago
Project Manager - Hinkley Point B
Requisition ID :2019-40693
Work Location :GB-Somerset-Nr. Bridgwater
Department / Discipline : Project Management
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Nuclear are recruiting for a Project Manager to be based on site at Hinkley Point B Nuclear Power Station.
The Project Management Resources (PMR) team within the Nuclear Generation Services UK business is looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Project Manager to join our team supporting our key client - EDF Energy -on our long-term framework.
The PMR team is split across multiple locations in the UK; from our home offices in Knutsford and Barnwood, the client head office at Barnwood and at various plants around the UK. You will be part of a client lead team at Hinkley Point B, supporting multiple projects within the UK wide project portfolio. Project Managers are accountable to the PPM (Project Portfolio Manager) or equivalent Group Head for successful delivery of all aspects of their assigned projects. The Project Manager sets the project execution strategy in agreement with the PPM or equivalent Group Head and uses a cross-functional project team to deliver the project safely in line with company policies and procedures, achieving established goals and objectives within the agreed baseline.
About Wood Nuclear:
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, BrCumbriaCumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
* Identifying, implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards, client procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
* Applying the client project controls standards and developing, maintaining, reporting and trending an accurate project baseline.
Securing, assigning and maintaining a project team containing all the resources required to successfully deliver the project, including specialist support staff.
* Leading and coaching the project team members creating a positive team working environment.
* Identifying and assessing risks and implementing effective risk mitigation strategies.
* Managing assigned projects from concept (Gate A) to close out (Gate D) and maintaining effective integrated project execution strategies and plans.
* Implementing and maintaining effective communication to the project team and all stakeholders including Station, Regulators and central support functions to ensure full understanding and commitment to the deliverables.
* Meeting the specified project functional criteria.
* Controlling scope and cost to the agreed project baseline, instigating and managing change control as necessary.
* Contract management responsibilities where delegated in the F3 Nomination of Contract Roles form.
* Maintain regular involvement of and communications with the Project Sponsor.
* Ensuring that any control arrangements identified, as part of the implementation of Licence Conditions, are adhered to during the life-cycle of the project (for new plant this includes specific arrangementsSLCder SLC 19, 20 and 21)
To the Line Manager for:
* Delivering the project in a safe manner to the specified functional criteria, goals and objectives, compliant with appropriate legislation, Project Procedures and within the approved project baseline, scope, cost, schedule and quality requirements.
* Implementing and maintaining a competent, effective and efficient Integrated Delivery Team within the clients HR framework.
* Minimising the project risks (threats) and maximising opportunities.
* Maximising the project efficiency and effectiveness.
* Early identification of issues and/or concerns that either have the potential or will impact the project baseline.
* Proposing, agreeing, implementing and reporting corrective actions to secure the project baseline.
* Providing accurate and timely information, data and reports regarding the project status, activities and performance,
* Making use of earned value management where appropriate.
To the Project Sponsor for:
* Maintaining alignment of the project to agreed outputs and success criteria.
* Initiating change control with the Project Sponsor should the agreed outputs or success criteria be impacted by any project changes.
* Documenting any post-Gate D activities that the Project Manager will complete.
* Disseminating relevant learning opportunities via the Operational Experience system and/or the Lessons Learned system as appropriate.
Skills / Qualifications
* Typically, degree educated, in engineering or a related subject. Chartered or equivalent preferred.
* APMP formal project management qualification preferred but not essential.
* Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including Construction Design Management and Health and Safety at Work Act.
* Knowledge of budget monitoring, commercial awareness and experience at managing contractors.
* Strong understanding of the need for Quality within the project environment and familiarity with the use and structure of Quality Assurance documentation.
* Must be well versed in the preparation of reports and information using packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Mobility when required (within UK - full driving license).
* Suitable relevant project experience within engineering/construction projects, including the application of project management processes.
* Suitable relevant technical experience including the preparation of technical documentation, the review and approval of technical proposals and procedures, experience of construction, testing and commissioning activities.
* Experience of supervising and setting contractors/sub contractors to work in their roles and experience in leading a project team.
What do you get?
As well as exciting roles on projects in the UK and abroad; in a supportive and professional work environment, these are some of the additional benefits you can expect at Wood:
* A competitive reward package
* Work life balance – We offer flexible working; we have core and flex hours in all our permanent office locations.
* Family friendly benefits – maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
* International opportunities - As an 60,000 strong community of colleagues operating in 60 countries you will have access to international career opportunities.
* For your peace of mind we offer life insurance benefit on top of a contributory pension scheme, as well as income protection and life assurance benefit.
* To support you throughout your career you will have access to an Employee Assistance programme, which can offer anything from financial advice to mental health support and counselling sessions.
For our communities:
* We give back to our communities, we have a matched funding community investment programme. In our global business our people are showing commitment and courage to care for the communities we operate in. You can do this by supporting causes and raising funds for charities that are important to you, your colleagues and your local area.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.