7 months ago
The contract will see Amey responsible for maintaining routes through Northamptonshire, Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire. We’ll also be looking after stretches of the M1 motorway, as well as the M69, M45 and M6. It is one of Highways England’s busiest networks.
A new delivery model
Area 7 will see Highways England pilot a new in-house management approach. As the maintenance and response provider, we will be providing routine and cyclic maintenance, defect repairs, emergency incident response, traffic management and severe weather service.
Our Area 7 team have been working closely with Highways England and other key suppliers to create a collaborative community, with shared values around safety and performance.
What is the purpose of this role?
To assist the Programme Manager on a Highways England Maintenance and Response contract in the execution of their duties and act upon their behalf as directed and support the Programme Manager in the promotion of the partnering ethos to provide a working environment of co-operation, trust, respect, open communication and honesty. Deliver or exceed the Company's agreed financial expectation for the projects portfolio in terms of value, margin and cash.
What makes this role unique?
You will be the interface between internal delivery teams and the client during the planning and delivery phases of Routine Maintenance and Project works.
What will this role involve?
* Arrange and chair meetings between Amey, the Client and their contractors to enable the benefits to be maximized with the sharing of Road Space during Maintenance and scheme works.
* Prepare monthly financial and progress reports for submission to the Client
* Ensure the Contractors engaged in Maintenance works are competent and adequately resourced for Health and Safety
* Ensure all necessary related Quality Management and Health and Safety documentation adhered to
* Ensure compliance with the duties and responsibilities of the Principal Contractor under the CDM Regulations when utilising Specialist Contractors, and manage the production of the Health and Safety Plan (Construction Phase) and Health and Safety File
* Assist with the management of the interface between Specialist Contractors and co-ordinate their activities by regular meetings during the construction phase
* Liaise with the Operations Manager to ensure that decisions/directions are consistent with the achievement of quality, safety, programme and financial objectives
* Manage the recording and provide service record updates
* Ensure all staff assigned to them are sufficiently qualified, experienced and trained in their relevant disciplines in order to perform their duties including the identification of appropriate training where necessary
* Understand the Road Space Booking Requirements and converse with Chapter 8.
* Forecast and monitor the financial performance of the projects portfolio, providing regular (minimum monthly) detailed reports, comparing actual and forecast performance to plan expectations and explaining variations
* Ensure robust WIP conversion through prompt invoicing
* Ensure compliance with Health, Safety, Environmental and Assurance regulations
* Support the development of new business by involvement on key client management process, tendering and winning work
What are we looking for?
To be the successful applicant, you will be experienced within project management, whereby you oversaw change and risk management. Previous Routine Maintenance experience would be greatly beneficial.
It is fundamental that you have the ability to develop and implement efficient commercial practices to ensure value for money within contracts. The ability to confidently demonstrate your Client Service capabilities and Problem Solving skills will assist you at interview stage.
* Commercial Awareness
* Planning and Organizing
* Marketing and BD
* Developing Others
* Team Working
* Environmental Awareness for Managers
* Personal Highways Safety
* Management Safety