5 months ago
Building the present, creating the future
Project Manager—Ground Investigation - Glasgow
An exciting and rare opportunity is presented for a Project Manager to join our Ground Investigation team working out of our offices in Glasgow, Scotland. Reporting to the Head of Department, you will be responsible for the safe delivery of ground investigation schemes throughout Scotland and the North of England, ensuring a quality product is delivered to our customers and that we are fairly remunerated for the value we bring to their schemes. At any one time, the role will focus on either an individual major project or the various smaller projects making up the department’s workload.
Your key activities will include:
• Leading and managing the project team, ensuring high levels of commitment, morale and motivation at all levels.
• Providing operational, strategic and contractual direction for the whole project team.
• Setting a personal example in HSQE matters through strong, visible leadership (including safety tours).
• Ensuring the implementation of CDM regulations and BAM safety procedures including the preparation, review and briefing of activity plans and risk assessments along with measures in place to ensure they are reviewed and updated accordingly.
• Developing and maintaining a good working relationship with the client, their project management team and supply chain.
• Communicating effectively and professionally with everyone associated with the project.
• Adopting, maintaining and promoting cost-conscious management through efficient use of all resources.
• Implementing and maintaining an effective programme-based cost management system to facilitate financial control with reliable forecast preparation and reporting.
• Managing the contractual change process and ensuring fair and full renumeration for works completed.
• Ensuring realistic programmes are prepared, managed and reviewed according to the requirements of the project and contract.
• Assisting the acquisition, preparing and review of tenders, with particular focus on planning, methodology and commercial performance.
• Maintaining a close working relationship with company departments to maximise support for the project and for opportunities to share best practice.
• Keeping abreast of developments in the industry and specific professional fields.
Who are we looking for?
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with similar Project Management experience who can manage their own workload, help others, and be confident and comfortable around clients and consultants.
• Significant experience in the planning and delivery of ground investigations including large-scale infrastructure projects.
• Technically strong as well as practically aware.
• Must demonstrate experience of leadership, financial management, commercial and business development.
• Should be willing to work throughout Scotland and North of England (car / car allowance provided) but may also include travel to other regions.
The role is also open to Senior Geotechnical Engineer level candidates with high potential for Project Management development.
What’s in it for you?
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package including car/allowance, matched pension contributions, life and ill health insurance, private healthcare, 26 days holiday, 2 wellbeing days and 1 volunteering day.
We strive to assist people working towards professional accreditation and have strong links with the main institutions. There exists occasional opportunity to support the wider BAM business with international ground risk evaluation. There are also opportunities to gain experience in our other departments— geotechnical construction, drill and blast, laboratories—or even within the wider BAM business.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group’s ten operating companies. One of Europe’s largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.