11 days ago
Career Opportunities: Project Manager, for COWI in the UK (34642)
Req ID 34642 - Posted 14/10/2020 - United Kingdom - General - Posting Location (5)
Job Description Print Preview
Email Job to Friend
Return to List
Are you interested in joining one of the leading consulting companies, creating value for customers, people and societies world-wide Are you a certified Project Manager Do you have project management experience and dealing with clients If your answer is yes, COWI is here with an opportunity for you!
JOIN COWI INTERNATIONAL'S TEAM
With over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a leading international consulting group providing clients with innovative and sustainable solutions to complex challenges within transportation, energy, environment, water, industry, buildings, and planning. Together with our over 6,500 dedicated professionals, COWI pushes the boundaries of engineering design around the globe.
As a member of the UK team, you will support local and international projects across the transportation and energy sectors, including railways, highways, metros, marine, wind, hydro, and more.
You will be joined by hundreds of skilled experts, collaborating over the entire lifecycle of a project – from idea, concept, and design, to operation and maintenance within our portfolio of tunnels & underground structures, bridges, complex structures, ground engineering, and reclamation projects.
DESIGN THE FUTURE WITH A GLOBAL TEAM OF EXPERTS
The Project Manager is responsible for project planning and operation, including time, economy, deliverables and quality of mid to large size projects. The Project Manager is further expected to provide input to line management on performance and potential of project staff on projects.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
* Project and resource planning and its implementation in compliance with COWI's integrated management system, to the satisfaction of the business.
* Communicating with clients. Obtain all the required input material from client and coordinate with Project Coordinators/ Discipline Leaders/Team Leaders and the project team for timely delivery and as per agreed quality criteria
* Tracking and achieving project financial performance, demonstrating sound project financial performance understanding
* Reviewing production processes, workflows and implementing improvements
* Forecasting project turnover and performance
* Resolution of administrative issues within the Project/Group and guiding and mentoring more junior staff
* Identifying development requirements within the project team and giving effective feedback
COWI is a leader within our field, because our employees are leaders within theirs. We invite you to learn from the best and expand your potential in an outstanding environment, where we collaborate on shaping tomorrow's societies. Alongside your manager, you outline the path for your development and build your expertise on a day-to-day basis, working on global and local assignments.
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER, WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
Your skills are the key to our success. Working across borders and disciplines, we share knowledge and build strong relationships with colleagues and customers. You contribute your expertise and get to learn from the best.
To succeed in this position, we believe that you should have good interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with people at all levels across the project organisation and externally.
Furthermore, you shall have:
* Project Management certification
* Chartered Engineer status is preferred
* Relevant work experience.
* Project Management experience.
* Direct client-handling experience.
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
Please call our Recruitment Partner, Anders Schelde-Jensen on
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the link below and tell us why you are the right person for this role. We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible since the recruitment process is ongoing. The application deadline is stated at the top of the page.
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Email Job to Friend
Return to List
Email this job to a friend
The job has been sent to
Please provide the information below
*Your email address:
*Your friend’s email address:
*Confirm you are not a robot:
Powered by SuccessFactors