9 months ago
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
To lead the delivery of a range of Projects and Proposals being developed across the Engineering Design Partnership across the Maritime Portfolio.
• Development and maintenance of positive engagement with project customers, partners and suppliers.
• Operating in a Safe & Secure manner.
• Embedding a culture in line with the QinetiQ values.
• Delivery of the project outputs, to agreed baseline (customer satisfaction, time, cost, quality, cash and sales).
• Ensuring project members operate in line with the Operating Framework & functional competency management requirements; and have appropriate personal objectives recorded in the QinetiQ performance management system.
• Resolving conflicts (including prioritisation calls) within the project and collaborating across QinetiQ.
• Maintenance of forecasts (both financial and resource demand signal) for sales and delivery which reflects the up-to-date expectations for the work.
• Application of governance requirements (including lifecycle, project & independent reviews as appropriate) for foundation sales and delivery work.
• Reporting progress on all accountabilities to programme / portfolio manager (or their delegate).
• Ensuring correct entry of data onto SAP CRM relating to your opportunities, and maintain this data to reflect any changes in key inputs including: Order Value, Order Intake Scenario, (Low, Base, High, Excluded), Bid Due date, Closing Date, Sales Stage, Margin, Revenue Profile and up to date notes.
• Leadership; being able to influence and align others towards the vision for the project, and to empower & inspire people to achieve success.
• Integrity; being open, honest and doing the right thing. Keeping promises, admitting when I don’t have the answer and when I have made a mistake.
• Communication; being able to effectively communicate as part of a two-way interaction, using a range of techniques, to ensure the received meaning matches the transmitted meaning.
• Stakeholder Management; being able to identify, plan and implement actions to positively engage parties with an interest in, or influence over, the project outputs.
• Teamwork; being able to create an environment where a group of people with diverse personalities, skills, experiences and perspectives are empowered to collaborate towards a common goal.
• Human Resource Management; supporting functional teams (including HR) to develop and manage our people in line with legal requirements and QinetiQ policy.
• Foundation Sales; being able to identify, qualify, develop and deliver solutions to your customers using an existing commercial framework contract (such as EDP) and be able to articulate the benefits of the QinetiQ solution to the customer.
• Negotiation & Conflict Management; being able to identify and address differences of objective, attitude or perception in order to produce an agreed outcome for all parties.
• Business Development; when required, work as a member of a capture team to generate delivery plans, risk registers and costings to support the creation of the proposal document.
Essential Experience & Qualifications:
• Demonstrable capability to International Project Management Association Level B.
• Experience gained, typically rather than necessarily, between 3-5 years of leading a business, projects, programmes, portfolios or P3 function and successfully delivering complex projects.
• Experience delivering projects to 3 different customers.
• Will need to act as Bid Manager for Proposals up to £1M to the challenging timescales of EDP typically with a turnaround of 20 working days.
Desirable Experience & Qualifications:
• Able to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders, particularly partner organisations in EDP, BMT and Atkins.
• Broad understanding of the Maritime Domain
• Understanding key MOD artefacts required in EDP Delivery such as
• Capability, Innovation, Technology Development & Assessment
• User Requirements Definition
• System Requirements Definition
• Test, Evaluation & Acceptance
• Independent Assurance, Evaluation & Advice
• Through-life Availability Management
• Through-life Capability Management
• Legislative & Regulatory Compliance: Certification, Safety, Security & Environmental
• Supplier Technical Assessment & Monitoring
• Engineering Support to Decisions
• Knowledge Management