7 months ago
We deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world’s biggest asset owners, transforming the places where we live, work and travel. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. We arrive at better answers because we ask better questions.
From complexity comes simplicity. From better thinking, better solutions.
Think big, create better
Are you a Project Manager passionate about using your skills to make an impact? Are you a big thinker who loves to find better solutions to difficult problems? Do you want to work on high profile projects in the rail industry such as TRU, Wales and Borders, and CrossRail?
The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of 550+ staff, working across our 12 Rail design offices throughout the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards.
About the role
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Project Manager . The successful candidate will undertake contribute towards the management of quality, programme, cost and project contribution on numerous projects.
As a Project Manager at Amey Consulting, you’ll see your work from early design to the very end result, and every project will be different from the last. You’ll feel inspired to challenge yourself, as well as your colleagues. You’ll have the opportunity to thrive and we’ll help you shape your career whether through further qualification, learning new skills or whatever else you need to achieve your ambitions.
In a typical week you will:
• Maximise operating efficiency, so that projects portfolio is delivered in compliance with the Project Control System to agreed standards and targets
• Implement quality improvements when opportunities arise
• Deliver revenue within agreed budgets
• Act decisively to rectify any adverse circumstances that threaten the delivery of the quality and programme agreed with the client
• Define and manage programme of projects, update regularly and ensure that activity managers have sufficient capable resources to meet deadlines
• Maintain regular liaison with all stakeholders and employees on the progress of projects
• Forecast and monitor the financial performance of the projects portfolio, providing regular (minimum monthly) detailed reports, comparing actual and forecast performance to plan expectations and explaining variations
• Ensure robust WIP conversion through prompt invoicing
• Ensure compliance with Health, Safety, Environmental and Assurance regulations
• Carry out line management duties, as required
• Ensure that all team members operate according to Amey principles and have a clear understanding of systems and processes
• Conduct weekly reviews with Activity Managers and/or project teams With support of commercial team, ensure that contracts are in place before work commences including sub contracts and purchase orders for suppliers and sub consultants
• Approve expenditure within limits of delegated authority Manage, develop, coach and motivate employees in the project team
• Maintain and develop key client contacts to maximise future business opportunities
• Support the development of new business by involvement on key client management process, tendering and winning work
We want to hear from you if:
• Degree qualification to satisfy current entry requirements for professional qualification
• Part way through or recently completed the necessary training requirements for the above professional qualification
• Sufficient project management experience (Rail design preferred but other disciplines will be considered)
• Environmental awareness Tool box talk
• IOSH working safely
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
• Competitive salary
• Exceptional development and progression plan
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
• Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
• Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers
What else is better about working for Amey?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people’s lives. It’s what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You’ll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
We don’t believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask better questions to arrive at better answers because we learn from each other’s perspectives. And this means better outcomes for our clients our communities and ourselves.