26 days ago
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across North America, Europe, Middle East, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, India and Asia Pacific.
Be a part of our project management consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where you can oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
The project manager is required to work in Plymouth on an upgrade programme of works within a nuclear licenced site. To own, plan, manage and deliver projects associated with the programme of works with varying values to support a wider infrastructure upgrade.
The candidate will need to be effective at managing a matrix team structures within a business that has multiple stakeholders with competing priorities.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Delivering and owning the allocated projects through the full project life cycle from initiation to handover.
* Working with the project stakeholders to define and develop the programme, cost plan and baseline changes.
* Managing the business risks within a procedurally driven organisation to enable successful succession through gate reviews.
* Ensuring delivery of the project to time, cost and quality.
* Managing the project and reporting to senior management and client teams.
* Overseeing a team of junior managers, design managers and other project members.
* Ensuring compliance with all working practices, standards of discipline, safety and quality are maintained through familiarisation and compliance with requirements of corporate procedures.
* Interfacing with sub-contractors to ensure the scope of work and schedule requirements is understood.
* Maintaining good relationships with the client and pursue resolution of technical or conflicting project requirements so a full understanding of the client’s requirements can be agreed.
* Giving technical support to the contract bid preparation.
You have a degree qualification in engineering or project management and a member of a relevant institute. You have experience and knowledge in the administration of NEC contracts.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams. You will have experience in the defence and nuclear industries within a consultancy background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package including private medical insurance allowance and health and wellbeing commitment that includes 2 volunteer days a year.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”