10 days ago
Project Manager Construction (16729)
Job ID: 16729
Location: Warrington, UK
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
The Project Manager Construction (PMc ) has the role which is principally that of the named Project Manager under the NEC 3 form of contract. They will be responsible for monitoring the performance of the main contractor and progress of the project to include for formal project reporting. The PMC will be accountable for the management of the project during the implementation and handover phases of a project. In the earlier stages of the project lifecycle, the PMC supports them Supply Chain and Project Engineering Manager (PEM)
The PMC will be the interface between the contractor delivering a portfolio of projects and the Company, and will be required to manage internal and external stakeholders in the resolution of issues affecting progress.
In all their duties the PMc will be accountable and will report to the Area Services Manager (ASM) The key aspect of the role is act as the Project Manager for a portfolio of projects from point of award to the Supply Chain to successful handover of the completed works to the operational teams who will manage the assets through their lifecycle. In undertaking these duties the following specific accountabilities will be covered:
* To act as the NEC3 project manager administering the contract between UU and its Contractors.
* On behalf of the ASM, developing a project management plan in conjunction with the Project Engineering Manager and the Supply Chain Manager.
* Reviewing progress with the Contractor.
* Ensure that work is completed on time, establishing monitoring and controlling cost
* Forecasts at or below costs.
* Ensuring that relevant design information is supplied by the Contractor.
* Ensuring procedures are in place and being followed.
* Ensuring that adequate and sufficient resources are being employed by the Contractor and their suppliers
* Managing introduction of changes to the contract and claims by the contractor.
* Review constructions risks with the contractor.
* Arranging handover of the sites from the operations to the contractor.
* Stakeholder management both internal and external
* Ensure statutory approvals are being obtained.
* Ensuring that the construction H&S file is being maintained.
* To provide project schedule advice and expertise in relation to construction activities.
* To produce CIC / PAC paperwork for the ASM for new projects or if a project overspends.
* Reporting progress and issues to the ASM.
* Assisting with the review of contract documents prior to their release for tendering.
* Ensuring that contractors and consultants work to agreed scope and to company standards.
* To ensure that services (power, water & telecoms etc) are secured and in place in line with the project schedule.
* To identify and monitor project and construction risk and ensure that all risks are accounted for during the project lifecycle.
* To ensure that all project progress is reported to the project controller.
* To monitor for potential problems and resolve them before they develop.
Knowledge and Skills
* Degree level and ideally professionally qualified (e.g. CEng, MICE,
* MCIOB, RPP etc).
* MAPM 5 day certificate
* Track record of delivery of project portfolios
* Solid commercial, financial and analytical skills
* Significant Leadership and people management skills and an ability to build, recruit and develop high performing teams
* Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
* Flexibility and adaptability to be able to respond rapidly to unexpected events, having the ability to develop creative solutions to problems
* Delivery of key targets and objectives within the limits of available resources
* Proven track record of managing different contractual arrangements, competitive tender/partnering/frameworks
We need fantastic people to enable us to deliver a great service to the public. We are committed to reaching and recruiting from every community and then supporting employees to achieve their full potential ensuring they feel valued and included, regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, sexual orientation or social background.
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: 10/06/21