6 months ago
Project Manager (Civils)
Construction Services UK
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join the civil engineering function within our Regional South team working on a £110million highway scheme in Wokingham. The project is at pre-construction stage and consists of 9 separate highway schemes including greenfield roadworks, structures and significant number of road tie-ins.
You will provide management, leadership and control of a multi-disciplinary team comprising; Agents, Sub Agents, Section Engineers and Site Engineers.
What you'll be doing
As, Project Manager (Civils), you will:
* Manage the project team and supply chain to deliver projects to time, cost, and quality targets and standards
* Report periodically to Senior Management on project progress, risks and issues using robust reporting systems to meet the needs of the business
* Manage the customer relationship during delivery, including change and decision making to manage expectations
* Manage external consultants (e.g. design) to enable delivery – driving value, customer focus and achievement of the project’s objectives
* Understand the relevant Contract terms and conditions for each project
* Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
Who we're looking for
You will have:
* Project Management experience within major civils & highways projects
* A relevant professional qualification, such as APMP, and a relevant technical qualification are desirable
* The ability to communicate effectively is required to manage customer relationships, in addition to strong planning and organisation skills to deliver operational excellence and efficiency
* NEC contract type experience
* Financial awareness and ability to deliver targets, with a desire to continuously improve safety and sustainability performance
* Experience of Lean Construction principles and Lean practitioner training is desirable
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.