10 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This role plays a critical part in the delivery of asset management solutions for a business that develops, implements & provides high-tech software solutions such as geospatial asset management software, grid management software, automation systems, meters, power transformers & capacitors that enable grid intelligence processes for the electric, utility, public service & telecomm industries.
The Project Manager will provide delivery execution leadership (OTR) and bid support (ITO) for high priority projects impacting both business and customer profitability. Working primarily for the Asset Management Centre of Excellence, based out of Cambridge, UK but with potential to engage on projects across the region which includes but is not restricted to Europe, Middle East and Africa. This position is responsible for scope, cost, schedule, change and risk management as well as quality and customer satisfaction for all assigned projects.
* Ability to effectively manage technical teams and suppliers, across multiple large-scale projects and diverse locations
* Delivery of complete project to agreed schedule and budget, able to multi-task across simultaneous project deliveries, demonstrating effective reporting, financial control, risk, scope & change management
* Engage at sales bid stage to lead/support the commercial and technical teams, contributing to proposals to ensure that work is assessed, planned, appropriately estimated and a suitable deal is agreed, with appropriate cost and risks identified to maximise margin
* Working as the customer account manager to foster closer ties with end customer and increase GE work portfolio.
* Provide effective Project Management support to the Asset Management COE in the provision of Services projects
* Provide leadership/support to the bid team in preparation of tenders and assist in contract negotiations with end customers and third-party suppliers
* Liaise with technical teams to: fully capture all customer product requirements; track and manage customer product developments; oversee product and project testing lifecycle
* Responsible for all customer communications covering: attendance at project meetings; production of regular project reports and schedules; managing and reporting of all issues
* Responsible for delivery of complete project to agreed schedule and budget: covering primarily software but may also include ancillary tasks such as customer training and system hardware
* Build customer loyalty through project execution excellence and actively promote quality awareness and improvements to sustain company ISO9000 accreditation
* Financially accountable for whole project within agreed delivery budget, with regular financial review of incurred to date expenditure and estimate to complete costs, as well as enforcing change control mechanisms
* Responsible for risk assessment and creating/executing plans to mitigate risk to ensure project delivery to agreed schedule & budget
* Significant demonstrable project management experience in a global environment dealing with suppliers and multidisciplinary teams in a technical environment, ideally within a utility or telecom segment
* Proven track record to manage and resolve project issues throughout full project lifecycle
* Natural leadership skills
* Effective, excellent written/verbal communicator at all levels (Director to technical execution)
* Native English speaker
* PRINCE2, PMI or PM-BOK certified
* Must be willing/able to travel to customer sites which are predominantly in Europe for short periods
* Delivery of consultancy services for Smallworld, GIS, Mobile and/or Asset Management solution implementations
* GIS, mobile or asset management software product expertise at user business process or technical engineering level
* Experience in working in a large multinational business operating in a matrix environment
Locations: Germany, United Kingdom; Cambridge, Ratingen