about 1 month ago
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition, you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
What is the purpose of this role?
To manage a portfolio of multidisciplinary or single discipline projects in accordance with the requirements of the Project Quality Plans; and to deliver or exceed the Company's agreed financial expectation for the projects portfolio in terms of value, margin and cash.
What will this role involve?
* Maximise operating efficiency, so that the projects portfolio is delivered in compliance with the Project Control System to agreed standards and targets
* Implement quality improvements when opportunities arise
* Deliver revenue within agreed budgets
* Act decisively to rectify any adverse circumstances that threaten the delivery of the quality and programme agreed with the client
* Define and manage programme of projects, update regularly and ensure that activity managers have sufficient capable resources to meet deadlines
* Maintain regular liaison with all stakeholders and employees on the progress of projects
* Forecast and monitor the financial performance of the projects portfolio, providing regular (minimum monthly) detailed reports, comparing actual and forecast performance to plan expectations and explaining variations
* Ensure robust WIP conversion through prompt invoicing
* Ensure compliance with Health, Safety, Environmental and Assurance regulations
* Carry out line management duties, as required
* Ensure that all team members operate according to Amey principles and have a clear understanding of systems and processes
* Conduct weekly reviews with Activity Managers and/or project teams
* With the support of the commercial team, ensure that contracts are in place before work commences including subcontracts and purchase orders for suppliers and sub-consultants
* Approve expenditure within limits of delegated authority
* Manage, develop, coach and motivate employees in the project team
* Maintain and develop key client contacts to maximise future business opportunities Support the development of new business by involvement in the key client management process, tendering and winning work
What are we looking for?
* Degree or equivalent qualification in a suitable engineering discipline
* Membership of recognised engineering/project management institution
* Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with MS Office suite and experienced in the use of project management software – MS Project, Primevera
* Knowledge of financial and contract management control systems
* Able to implement and support a customer-centric approach
* Able to manage, develop and motivate a team
* Demonstrable experience including previous experience in a related industry sector with some experience in the management of design projects
* Demonstrates ability to implement and meet targets
* Understands and upholds Amey values
* Supports and contributes to continuous improvement
* Demonstrates developed communication and influencing skills
* IOSH managing safely
What makes this role unique?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have an impact, making a genuine difference in people’s lives. It’s what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can be you, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You’ll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your ambition as well as the shared one.