13 days ago
Job ID 00020249
About the role
This is a Part-Time Fixed Term Contract!
As we enter one of the most exciting times in our history we are looking for a Project Manager that oozes our Virgin values and embraces the on-going ways of working within Liberty Global.
Why Virgin Media? We are the future. We understand our people, their lifestyles and we support them no matter what. We LOVE being different, thinking outside the box and being the best we can be, all the time.
Join Virgin Media Business (VMB) as Project Manager to deliver projects for VMB that significantly contribute to improving revenue or OCF growth, improving product and services for Customers and efficiencies within the business. You will be working on several unrelated projects in tandem, working with stakeholders and cross-functional teams to define and plan
deliverables or works as part of a larger project team as a workstream lead.
Projects managed are typically small to medium size and content and/or complexity and are likely to be delivered across several functional groups or divisions, using internal resources and 3rd party suppliers. A technical element may be included.
You will ensure that the project or initiatives produce the required deliverables to the agreed standard of quality and within the specified constraints of cost, risk and time.
* Manage virtual project teams of mixed skills and abilities to deliver defined business benefits
* Monitor projects against milestones and targets and provides status updates to stakeholders
* Identify and work with key stakeholders and SMEs to define and agree project plans
* Develop and manage the project business case including benefits
* Co-ordinates the resolution of issues and effectively manages and mitigates any risks arising
* Ensure compliance and adherence to Group Polices and Rules and Practices
* Implement and maintain a consistent project management methodology ensuring project conforms to appropriate governance including all project documentation
* Identify dependencies with other business initiatives / activities
* Determine, procure and manage appropriate resources to deliver the project
* Manage all project communications
* Provide support in contract negotiation
* Lead and manage a virtual project team using internal and external resources including 3rd party suppliers
* Collaborate with others to ensure intelligent analysis of MI is collated and presented to senior stakeholders
* Provide useful and accurate interpretation of data and a full suite of delivery,
* Resource and project / programme status reports
* Work with the Sponsor to define and quantify benefits
* Typically manage small project budgets e.g. a central project budget up to £1m
So what are we looking for?
So it’s the moment of truth, right? What are we looking for in the successful candidate?
* Working knowledge of project management in a multi-disciplined and commercial environment
* Working knowledge of project planning processes, techniques and methodologies
* Stakeholder management, negotiation and conflict management skills and ability to identify and escalate issues
* Ability to manage project resources across virtual teams and multiple locations
* Ability to understand and manage project risks – dealing with uncertainty, whilst being proactive and forward-looking
* Understanding of core business objectives and drivers
* May be working towards a recognised industry qualification, such as PRINCE 2, APMP.
View in Google Maps