17 days ago
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To manage and deliver allocated contracts safely in accordance with legislation and Amey procedures to contract specification and programme, while building and sustaining long term customer relationships in accordance with project relationship matrix.
Amey Rail Limited have been appointed to complete the Design and Construction of Taff’s Well Depot to support the implementation and operation of the South Wales Metro. The vision is to provide a service that is truly 'turn up and go', with better integration with other modes of transport, including buses and flexible ticketing options. Travelers will be able to move easily across the south-east Wales region with improved capacity, improved quality and improved passenger information.
The Depot at Taff’s Well will provide the stabling and maintenance of the new Metro Vehicles in addition to being the Operational Base for the Wales and Borders Franchise.
This highly prestigious project will deliver one of the key elements for the transformation of public transportation in South Wales and help to provide increased employment in the local area.
What will this role involve?
* Support the Package Manager ensuring the duties of the NEC Project Manager are fulfilled in a timely manner .
* Co-ordination of all works package activities & disciplines to ensure a cohesive plan including WP 6 (signalling ) and packages 04 & 05.
* Assist in the Management of the delivery of the works package as agreed by the package Manager, ensuring that the work is carried out in a safe and effective manner to cost, to specification and to plan.
* Interface with IDP ensuring materials process to ensure timely delivery of materials.
* Ensure health and safety matters are properly controlled to the relevant standards and that policy is clearly communicated and implemented.
* Ensuring that all relevant and applicable company procedures are strictly adhered to.
* To promote, through pro active leadership, improvements in Safety, Health and Environmental management in line with the objectives set by AmeyInabensa.
* Ensure that systems are in place to ensure all work activities obtain the necessary approvals and that all contract, technical and administrative instructions are implemented prior to commencement of the works.
* Contribute to and monitor the Contract Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), including financial, commercial, safety and personnel related issues, as agreed with the Account Director.
* Ensure all operations staff fulfils their potential through performance review with recommendations for developmental training.
* Proactively seek improvements in efficiency of operation to support the Amey & TFW targets through continuous business improvement.
* Display and develop in others a collaborative behaviour and culture.
* Report the progress and performance against the contract, in collaboration with the Package Manager at weekly and monthly business reviews.
What are we looking for?
Min HNC / HND in Engineering (or a similar approved qualification)
Must be able to drive Degree in Engineering (or similar qualification at this level)
Commercially experienced and competent
Skilled at customer and supply chain management in challenging environments
Computer literacy – Excel, Word, Power point and Microsoft Outlook
Understanding of the Railway Operating Environment
Significant project management experience of multi- disciplinary projects (preferably) within the railway infrastructure with responsibility for P&L at project level
The ability to manage and lead a team in the successful delivery of multi-disciplinary projects
Strong interpersonal skills to influence and manage all stakeholders
Satisfy requirements of PTS medical PTS / IWA Health & Safety Training (IOSH)
Knowledge of Risk Assessment techniques
Understanding of Railway planning systems
Environmental awareness for managers
What makes this role unique?
You will effectively lead and line manage project teams, including training, development and performance management.