22 days ago
We provide Total Facilities Management services to Ministry of Justice custodial estates across the North East, North West, Yorkshire and Humberside, East Midlands, West Midlands and Wales. This is a high profile contract with a total value of £200m. The project portfolio consists of a range of projects which vary from large scale projects such as full provision/refurbishing of prison facilities to more minor maintenance projects such as replacement of plant and equipment. We are developing our project delivery team to deliver projects across the MOJ account but also with a view to future involvement in other areas of our FM business.
Salary: up to £50,000 depending on experience
What will you be doing?
As Project Manager you will manage the end to end delivery of projects within the Amey FM Project Team and maintain co-ordination and control over a regional based portfolio of projects.
Daily tasks will include but are not limited to:
* Ownership and delivery of all projects, directly delivered by the Project Manager, or falling under their control as part of the regionally allocated portfolio of work, with overall responsibility for delivery of that portfolio to time, cost and quality.
* Direction of Assistant Project Managers and junior project staff in delivery of project works.
* Close liaison and deployment of Amey Consulting personnel in delivering design solutions.
* Liaising with Amey MOJ FM Site Managers, Amey site teams, Regionally based Project Managers, Project Quantity Surveyors, and a range of MOJ stakeholders.
* Working with Project Team colleagues to develop and deliver larger and more complex projects work.
* Facilitating and monitoring works on site and engaging with Amey Site Teams and other project stakeholders to ensure highest levels of Health, Safety and Quality are achieved, project timescales and cost targets are met.
* Working with assistant Project Managers, monitoring and co-ordinating projects work allocated to Site Managers and coaching of Site Managers where necessary in the delivery of those projects.
* Developing future project business.
Who are we looking for?
Ideally you will be:
* Experienced in developing and managing project work within a Facilities management environment essential- experience of working within a Prison would be desirable but is not essential
* A strong team player, highly organised and a good communicator
* Able to demonstrate project cost control
* Able to develop design specifications, health and safety plans and other key documentation associated with the definition, competition and delivery of projects.
* Experienced in managing on site project works on a number of sites and co-ordination of several sub-contractors in the delivery of a single project.
* Knowledgeable of CDM Regulations.
* Possession of a relevant Building or M&E qualification.
There is a wealth of career opportunities at Amey and we’ll support you at every stage, wherever your ambitions lie, giving you the tools to bring your ideas to life and reach your goals. In return for your commitment to Amey you will receive a competitive hourly rate and access to Save with Amey (Amey’s private money saving website) and many more fantastic benefits!
We’re committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country’s services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well being. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better
What makes this role unique?
You will act as Bid Manager on tenders for tender opportunities and deputise for Senior Project Manager or Contract/Business Manager when required.