3 months ago
About RPS Project Management, Cost & Building Consulting (PMCB)
RPS PMCB are industry leading with a high reputation in offer a wealth of expertise in all sectors of the built environment. Recognising the value in establishing and sustaining long term relationships being customer focused in all areas of our practice. We are passionate about delivering success
With an enviable client list and the scale and diversity of projects that only a multi-disciplinary consultancy can offer, we can provide unparalleled opportunities to showcase your talents and truly develop your career.
We are proud of the quality tailored solutions we provide to our clients which generate high volumes of repeat business.
Job Title: Project Manager/Employers Agent
Type: Permanent, Full Time
About the Role:
RPS are looking for an experienced Project Manager, with proven experience of challenging projects to complement the rapidly growing team in our Birmingham office.
As a Project Manager at RPS, you will be joining a growing team working with great clients on a variety of challenging and interesting schemes - We are currently working with some of the most forward thinking and dynamic businesses in our area.
Work will include high profile residential and commercial new build projects with your work also encompassing student accommodation, hotels, retail and large industrial units.
This is a client facing role working on large flagship projects, enabling you to support the leadership team with the delivery of projects and take ownership of your own work, whilst deferring to more senior members in the wider team for support on larger projects.
This is an exciting time to join our business and the right candidate will have accountability, responsibility, reward and recognition on a level that other employers cannot offer.
- Act as key member within Project Management team in delivering projects of varying values and complexities, from inception to completion, in sectors including but not limited to industrial, office (commercial), private residential and student residential. Scheme values can be upwards of £50m.
- Plan and manage key accounts effectively to maintain and grow, whilst identifying potential new opportunities.
- Introduce and help to deliver measures and initiatives to increase the profile of the business
- Assist in the implementation of RPS best practise procedures and promote their use generally.
- Identify and implement improvements in existing practices.
- Strive for and promote excellence in the development of skills, assist in the development of others skills sets throughout the business, and identify any further training necessary to help maintain RPS 'best in class' status.
- Support the commercial team and wider office to obtain the delivery standards required, in support of the existing culture.
Requirements for this role:
- Professional outlook with excellent communication skills
- Previous Procurement and Tendering experience
- Experience in providing high quality project management in relevant sectors
- Contract JCT experience
- Previous experience within Construction sector ideally Residential
- Programme Management and Design Management experience
- Ideally you will be Chartered or working towards
- Ready to embrace larger project responsibility
- Comfortable in a client facing role
- Confidence to work autonomously
- Employers Agent experience is highly advantageous
- Highly organised with a keen attention to detail
- Confidence to work autonomously is essential
- Ability for team working, influencing and networking
- Good problem solving with an acute attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for best in class delivery
MRICS, CIOB, MAPM and a degree in either Project Management, Construction Management, Cost Management / Quantity Surveying
What we offer you:
We will provide you with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself. We support our people to innovate, collaborate and build meaningful careers. Our network of people and knowledge will expand your horizons and give you access to a variety of interesting projects.
Our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: 24 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Private Healthcare, Group Disability Scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships
Training and Continuous Professional Development
RPS is committed to the training, education and development of its employees to increase effectiveness, develop potential and ensure adequate succession planning.
We provide professional career structures which promote professional development.
We aim to identify and provide training, education and development for employees, so they can develop and apply this knowledge to greater and more demanding roles in the future.
RPS provides equal opportunities for all its employees and potential employees regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, age, race, religion, ethnic origin, disability, marital status, colour or nationality. The policy applies to the advertisement of jobs, recruitment and appointment, training, conditions of work, pay and to every aspect of employment.
To apply, simply send a CV and covering letter via the Apply button above