2 months ago
Project Manager – HS2 Enabling Works – Birmingham, West Midlands (County)
Are you an experienced Project Manager looking for a new challenge? If so then Murphy Group is keen to hear from you. We are looking for a forward thinking and driven Project Manager to work with an award winning team on HS2 Enabling works.
As part of HS2 enabling works, we have been awarded various Work Packages. The project focus is highways and utility diversion and comprises of heavy earthworks, roadworks (tarmac, signalling, fencing white lining), traffic management, deep drainage works, multiple utilities diversions, non-contestable utility connections and construction of attenuation pond with the associated penstock chambers and outfalls.
* To plan and deliver all work on a medium sized site or many smaller sites, ensuring work is completed on time and to the agreed standard.
* Sets the overall standard on the project/contract.
* To ensure contract programmes are planned, reviewed and delivered.
* Build and develop the wider operational team to deliver all aspects of the project/contract requirements.
* Will interact with the wider organisation to channel resources when required.
* Line management of Site Managers, Assistant Site Managers and Section Managers.
* Responsible for effective client relationship management and provides updates to internal and external stakeholders on project/contract progress.
* Ensure risk assessments are created, in place and reviewed as and when required.
* Ensures operating plans are in place to ensure sufficient resources and materials are in place.
* Will be expected to resolve most operational issues with any business critical or strategic issues referred to the Project Director.
* To comply with company standards, policies and procedures.
* Manages a team of site and section managers.
* Communicates developments and significant decisions in the wider business.
* Responsible for a contract with an indicative turnover of between £1M - £15M per annum
* Responsible for all commercial activities associated with the project including the delivery of the agreed gross margin, management of cost control and other key commercial and financial metrics.
* Professionally qualified construction representative - member of a professional body.
* Project management methodology knowledge desirable.
* Extensive expertise in project management delivering projects/contracts of a similar nature.
* Has relevant Health and Safety qualification.
* Knowledge of the wider organisation and how it functions within the external environment.
* Able to develop positive working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
* Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
* First aid qualification is desirable.