about 1 year ago
Job ID : 102958BR
Location : United Kingdom - Horsham
We have a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious Project Manager, responsible for clinical trial packaging to join our team within our Clinical Trials Division.
Division Specific Information
With unwavering commitment to service, science and process engineering, Fisher Clinical Services is powered by people with an exceptional commitment to quality, deeply instilled ethics of personal responsibility and unrivalled expertise. We are exclusively focused on serving the packaging and distribution requirements of clinical trials across the world. Whether planning, packaging, labelling, storing, or distributing the important supplies needed to perform clinical research, for more than 27 years Fisher Clinical Services has been committed to delivering the highest possible value while ensuring adherence to the highest level of quality, performance, reliability and sustainability standards
* You will be the clients primary point of contact, driving client requests / requests via internal stakeholders while managing customer expectations..
* Determines the preliminary design of the study and evaluates and understands the study.
* Initiates the involvement of appropriate departments, maintaining continuous communication with those departments, and ensures the work delivered to customers is of a consistently high standard.
* Attends Project Meetings at the business or customer site. Leads and represents the business at kick off meetings as required by the customer.
* Leads and facilitates customer teleconferences, visits and audits as required, and provides timely provision of customer reports and updates.
* Provides accurate and timely financial forecasting and reporting.
* Participates in cross-functional business process improvement activities as required.
* Works closely together with the account manager to gain overall customer satisfaction.
What we are looking for:
* Account Management / Project Managemnet experience ( Comfortable being primary point of contact )
* Strong and effective communicator with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients.
* Ability to develop strong customer management skills; proactively anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of clients to meet or exceed their expectations.
* Proven experience of working collaboratively in global multi function teams and ability to transition between roles effectively.
* Requires accredited college, university or recognized professional degree, preferably in a health-
What we offer:
We can offer excellent opportunities to progress your career along with training and a chance to be a part of a growing successful organization.
Attractive base salary & bonus to be discussed
Core benefits include – BUPA healthcare coverage, Life Assurance policy (4 x base salary), Employee Assistance Program, Stakeholder pension scheme, 33 days annual leave plus including bank holidays
Flexible benefits include – dental scheme, option to upgrade or extend BUPA cover, Cycle to Work scheme, subsidized gym memberships, travel insurance, retail discount & more
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.