5 months ago
Location: Glasgow, Strathclyde, United Kingdom
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Air Traffic Management, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Thales UK are looking to recruit a Project Manager to join our world leading Optronics Team based in Glasgow, Strathclyde.
In this high-profile role, you’ll provide Project Management leadership to ensure the successful delivery on a variety of bids and projects. The role will provide the overall project management rigour, change control, commercial awareness & stakeholder management to complement the existing technical management skills within the team. You will be working with a diverse range of customers and an international supply base, with a genuine opportunity for career progression.
* Actively manage both risk and opportunities
* Manage a variety of projects and bids
* Report to Management on the progress and performance of the project
* Manage sub-contractors, ensuring flowthrough of customer requirements and supplier performance
* Manage all project stakeholders; ensuring strong communications are established and maintained
* Ensure a relevant Project Management Plan complete with resource plan fully maintained
Skills, qualifications and experience
* Customer-focused balanced with recognising the need for governance
* Ability to establish and meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritise
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong planning and delivery orientation
* Experience in bids and projects
* Full business lifecycle management, including capture, qualification and developing capture plans and winning strategies
* IPMA/Prince/APM qualified and an Engineering or Business Degree/diploma would be advantageous.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!