5 months ago
Project Manager - (FIE0007XC)
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. Providing a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, and construction – and program - management. Our 77,000+ employees in 400+ locations around the world serve a broad range of companies and organisations including industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
During our 125 years in the UK, we have been involved in some of the biggest and most challenging projects, delivering innovative and sustainable solutions to the country’s most critical issues, from access to clean air and safe water, civil and national security and safeguarding mobility.
That’s because Jacobs is much more than just a traditional engineering company.
Ranked No. 1 by Fortune’s 2019 World's Most Admired Companies…
Business Unit Description:
CA02 Refurb and Rekit Framework Background
• We are to manage the re-kitting, refurbishment or new build of facility services, plant and equipment related to production, engineering and science facilities at AWE's Aldermaston and Burghfield sites. This is to ensure AWE can meet current and future programmes whilst maintaining a safe and secure environment, as required by AWE's site Nuclear Licence and Environmental Permitting obligations.
• The Projects predominantly involve works within existing and operational facilities that require considerable interaction with the facility operators to ensure that operations are not impacted by any project work.
• We are looking to engage with the AWE in a more effective manner to reduce procurement costs, ensure risk is shared in a fair and proportionate manner, provide more dependable and certain out-turns and reduce the overall cost of project delivery by collaborative behaviours that benefit both parties in a fair and predictable manner.
• A key step change has taken place whereby we as a supplier will take a greater role in engagement with internal stakeholders (defining and agreeing requirements, arranging works access with facilities, support to Asset Change Requests, reporting etc.) allowing for greater responsibility in all aspects of the project delivery.
• Another step change allows us to have more involvement in the early stage development of project requirements, take greater responsibility for the development of the future project pipeline and have a greater level of certainty of the future project pipeline.
• Currently the works to be undertaken for CA02 Projects are anticipated as being circa £8 to 15M and agreed on a rolling annual basis.
• We will be working as and with the client to define and develop the spend profile for future AWE Financial Years.
We currently have an opportunity for a Project Manager within our Framework Team based in Aldermaston and Thatcham. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company’s contribution to an integrated project team venture engaged in the whole life development and implementation of M&E dominated infrastructure improvements across the site. The role carries excellent career prospects and is full time to 2020 and beyond.
Due to the varied nature of the potential work the Project Manager is required to be familiar with project development stages RIBA 2-6 from concept to detailed design and then in to construction/implementation using the linear integrated project lifecycle stages set by the client (APM equivalent).
The successful candidate will be flexible, experienced and willing and able to function both within the team and independently as required.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
To manage a “develop, design and build” project to provide technical facility improvements within an operational nuclear licensed site as part of a focussed programme of development. This will entail:
• Establishment of the project’s requirements and the team to deliver them
• Engagement with client and customer stakeholders
• Management of the project through the client’s investment governance processes
• Assistance to the Framework and Client Account Managers during establishment of the programme’s scope, organisation, processes and requirements
• A chartered level of qualification is desirable. Graduate or other post holders not meeting the necessary academic criteria shall be required to provide evidence of extended periods of project delivery team working in programme and project environments. (See experience criteria below)
• Membership of a relevant professional body such as the APM or an engineering body.
• Understanding and experience of project and programme management
• Understanding of the principles and practices of planning, risk and cost management at programme and project levels
• Understanding of design and development processes and their governance
• Awareness of the stage-gate principles of project delivery is required. Client specific governance processes will be explained in-post
• Awareness of UK Health and Safety Legislation. Information concerning specific company safety, quality and security procedures will be provided in-post
• Superior interpersonal skills are required to enable effective interaction with clients, seniors and peers while working in a “Team” environment
• Able to build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
• Must possess good communication skills (oral and written) and be able to exchange information at all levels in a clear and concise manner
• Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and quality are required along with a process improvement-oriented mindset
• Capable of effective multi-task working, identifying and managing priorities and working to challenging time scales
• Must possess good listening skills enabling requests to be assimilated and converted into action plans.
• Evidence of experience in a similar project management role within a programme management environment is essential
• Evidence of experience within a similarly highly regulated nuclear environment is desirable
• Experience of managing cross-functional teams in a highly regulated environment is desirable
• Degree qualified in appropriate engineering or management subject
• Chartered status
• Significant project/programme experience
• Excellent stakeholder management skills
• Excellent communicator written and verbal
• Team player with commitment and ambition
• NEC contract experience
• Experience of complete D&B lifecycle
• Comfortable working under pressure
• Must be a UK national
• Security clearance and an ability and willingness to be enhanced
• Defence or nuclear background
• APM or similar qualified
• Commercial/financial experience for EVM reporting and supplier cost analysis
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go ‘BeyondZero’ by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
: United Kingdom-United Kingdom Countrywide-Thatcham
: Aug 20, 2019, 3:24:29 PM