5 months ago
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To manage and deliver the designated rail project contract safely in accordance with legislation, Amey Procedures to contract specification and programme, while building and sustaining long term customer relationships through continuous improvement and collaborative working.
What will this role involve?
Whilst supporting a portfolio of various sized rail construction projects, the key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• To develop the contracted works through from design to delivery phase.
• To promote safe working practices, ensure full implementation and compliance with safety responsibility statement below.
• Effectively lead and line manage project team, including training, development and performance management.
• Ensure that allocated contract works are effectively planned and progress reviewed on a weekly basis.
• Timely submission of weekly reports to an agreed format.
• To promote, through proactive leadership, improvements in Safety, Health and Environmental management in line with the objectives set by Amey.
• Ensure that systems are in place to ensure all work activities obtain the necessary approvals and that all contract, technical and administrative instructions are implemented prior to commencement of the works.
• Input to and monitor the Contract Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), including financial, commercial, safety and personnel related issues, as agreed with the Account Director.
• Proactively seek improvements in efficiency of operation to support the Client targets through continuous business improvement.
• Display and develop in others a collaborative behaviour and culture.
• Ensure that the operations organisation is properly resourced with competent people in order to deliver these key accountabilities.
• Accountable for ensuring the Work Package Plans and Task Briefs are accurately produced, approved and implemented effectively for allocated contracts.
• Participate in regular monthly safety meetings with the Account Director.
• Cascade regular monthly safety meetings to Direct Reports.
• Ensure that accident and incidents reporting and investigations are undertaken in a timely manner as instructed and in accordance with the safety management system and that issues arising are addressed in a timely manner.
What are we looking for?
• Proven track record in Multi-discipline projects and is likely to have in excess of five year experience at a Project management level.
• Good understanding of the construction / railway industry.
• Understanding of Railway Planning systems
• Knowledge of Health and Safety at Work Act and CDM Regulations
• Knowledge of accident investigation techniques
• Highly effective motivator with strong written and spoken communication skills and capable of interfacing at all levels in the organisation.
• Exhibit behaviours that will support and develop collaborative working.
• Good management skills
• Understanding commercial processes and requirements.
• Health & Safety Training (IOSH)
• Awareness of industry issues.
• Experience of managing and developing staff.
• Computer literate.
What makes this role unique?
You will be responsible for planning, executing and finalising projects according to agreed deadlines and within budget