about 1 year ago
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
Working in partnership with our customers to provide bespoke solutions QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems.
The Air & Space business within QinetiQ is involved in a wide variety of exciting projects and programmes, from innovative research, through to modifications or complex flight trials across all domains. As a member of our project management community, you can expect to be leading teams to deliver projects in the UK, as well as supporting international opportunities as we continue to grow.
We have a number of Project Manager opportunities based at our Farnborough and MOD Boscombe down sites. You will be responsible for delivery of standard or complex Projects and tasked with ensuring our commitments to our internal and external stakeholders are met. Our projects have a diverse and complex stakeholder community, both internal and external to the company.
• Delivery of standard or complex projects £3m revenue per annum
• Development and maintenance of positive engagement with project customers, partners and suppliers.
• Operating in a Safe & Secure manner.
• Embedding a culture in line with the QinetiQ values.
• Delivery of the project outputs, to agreed baseline including customer satisfaction, time, cost, quality, cash and sales.
• Ensuring project members operate in line with the Operating Framework & functional competency management requirements; and have appropriate personal objectives recorded in the QinetiQ performance management system.
• Resolving conflicts, including prioritisation calls, within the project and collaborating across QinetiQ.
• Maintenance of forecasts, both financial and resource demand signal, for sales and delivery which reflects the up-to-date expectations for the work.
• Application of governance requirements including lifecycle, project & independent reviews as appropriate for foundation sales and delivery work.
• Reporting progress on all accountabilities to programme / portfolio manager (or their delegate).
• Ensuring correct entry and maintenance of data onto customer management tools to support your opportunities with all details correct and up to date
Key Capabilities & Knowledge
• Leadership: influencing and aligning others towards the vision for the project, and to empower & inspire people to achieve success.
• Integrity: being open, honest and doing the right thing. Keeping promises.
• Communication; effectively communication as part of a two-way interaction, using a range of techniques, to ensure the received meaning matches the transmitted meaning.
• Stakeholder Management: identifying, planning and implementing actions to positively engage parties with an interest in, or influence over, the project outputs.
• Teamwork: creating an environment where a group of people with diverse personalities, skills, experiences and perspectives are empowered to collaborate towards a common goal.
• Human Resource Management; supporting functional teams (including HR) to develop and manage our people in line with legal requirements and QinetiQ policy.
• Foundation Sales; identifying, qualifying, developing and delivering solutions to customers using an existing commercial framework contract (such as Strategic Enterprise or Engineering Delivery Partner) and being able to articulate the benefits of the QinetiQ solution to the customer.
• Negotiation & Conflict Management; identifying and addressing differences of objective, attitude or perception in order to produce an agreed outcome for all parties.
• Business Development; when required, work as a member of a capture team to generate delivery plans, risk registers and costings to support the creation of the proposal document.
Essential Experience & Qualifications
• Experience gained, typically rather than necessarily, between 2-4 years of leading a business, projects, programmes, portfolios or P3 function and successfully delivering projects
• Demonstrable capability to International Project Management Association Level C
• Experience delivering projects to up to 3 different customers.
Desirable Experience & Qualifications
• Degree (or equivalent experience) in appropriate discipline
• Hold a recognised PM qualification (APM Project Management Qualifications(PMQ), or Prince2)
• Experience in Defence, Aerospace or other closely related sectors