4 months ago
Project Manager – Specialist Business, Pipeline Testing Services – Leeds, West Yorkshire
Murphy are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our Specialist Business Unit in Leeds, West Yorkshire. This is a unique role managing budgets ranging from £5,000 – 2 million, managing multiple projects simultaneously requiring excellent organisational skills and attention to detail. The project Manager will be expected to outline a clear methodology for the project, plan the execution and manage the process through to completion. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate successful Project Management and have manged team of up to 20 people previously.
* To plan and deliver all work on a medium sized site or many smaller sites, ensuring work is completed on time and to the agreed standard.
* Sets the overall standard on the project/contract.
* To ensure contract programmes are planned, reviewed and delivered.
* Build and develop the wider operational team to deliver all aspects of the project/contract requirements.
* Will interact with the wider organisation to channel resources when required.
* Line management of Site Managers, Assistant Site Managers and Section Managers.
* Responsible for effective client relationship management and provides updates to internal and external stakeholders on project/contract progress.
* Ensure risk assessments are created, in place and reviewed as and when required.
* Ensures operating plans are in place to ensure sufficient resources and materials are in place.
* Will be expected to resolve most operational issues with any business critical or strategic issues referred to the Project Director.
* To comply with company standards, policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* Professionally qualified construction representative - member of a professional body.
* Project management methodology knowledge desirable.
* Extensive expertise in project management delivering projects/contracts of a similar nature.
* Has relevant Health and Safety qualification.
* Knowledge of the wider organisation and how it functions within the external environment.
* Able to develop positive working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
* Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
* First aid qualification is desirable.