about 1 year ago
Location: Reading, Berkshire, United Kingdom
Thales people architect solutions at the heart of the defence-security continuum. Interoperable and secure information and telecommunications systems for defence, security, and civil operators, are based upon innovative use of radiocommunications, networks, and cybersecurity. We are ground breaking new digital technologies such as 4G mobile communications, cryptography, cloud computing and big data for use in physical protection systems, and critical information systems.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
In SIX UK we’re a diverse business; we serve customers from a whole range of markets, both civil and military, to provide first-rate technological solutions that make the world a safer place from security threats. In the digital era, those threats are evolving and our customers demand resilient, secured and protected solutions.
SIX UK supplies defence and security customers with network and infrastructure systems, radio communication products, information technology security systems, protection systems and critical information systems, cybersecurity and consultancy. It is an exciting time to be part of our Radio Communications Products business with a great opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to lead strategically important programmes within the CBU.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of this job is to be the person in overall charge of a specific project (or number of projects) to ensure the successful delivery of the project (or projects). It requires professional project management capabilities to be applied - giving rigour to change control, commercial awareness and stakeholder management.
This role will predominantly work within the Cyber, Consulting & Digital Trust business, delivering Consulting, Security Products and Services into Defence, Government, CNI and B2B Customers.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
* Undertake the activities that will ensure the successful delivery of the project.This will typically include (but is not limited to) the following:
* Deliver the key results and performance metrics the projects, including order intake, sales, gross margin and cash
* Creation of the initial Project Plan during the bid or “Demand” phase of the lifecycle through requirement capture, work definition, estimating and scheduling that will include all Milestones, activities, resources and any other feature that will require to be delivered.
* Project Governance (the Gate and Stage Processes) over the bid and project delivery activities to ensure project, technical, procurement and support processes are applied and are effective in controlling risks.
* Ensure all business planning and reporting is published in accordance with Business directives e.g. Project Management reviews (PMR), Business Operations Report (BOR) and On Time Delivery (OTD)
* Drive Quality, Cost & Delivery performance through close working with other functions
* Manage all project stakeholders; ensuring strong communications are established and maintained
* Ensure that members of the project team are actively managing Risk and Opportunities, and have a robust Project Management Plan
* Ensure data integrity of all project information including financials and schedule. Use the Oracle and Primavera toolset to hold all financial, schedule and resource information.
* Ensure all Project activities undertaken comply with the relevant Thales Chorus processes
* Ensure “Lessons Learned Management” is applied to all projects, entailing application of lessons from other projects, and capturing lessons learned on specific projects under your control.
* Management of a project team.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!