4 months ago
May 11, 2019
Chester, CHES, GB, CH1 3AE
Black & Veatch Family of Companies
PMT: Project Management
Manages all aspects of Power Generation Service projects, including risk to cost, schedule, quality. Responsible for the day-to-day successful execution of contracted engineering, procurement, and construction scope in the areas of performance, financial metrics, planning, schedule, quality, contractual compliance, safety, and client satisfaction. Provides for the successful staffing of the project. Manages and leads medium teams of multi-discipline professionals. Coordinates and integrates the activities associated with the engineering, procurement, construction, and startup elements of the project team, including the activities of all third party companies contributing to the initiative.
Manage and/or direct major power generation projects, including Owner’s engineer and detailed design. Hold responsibilities with major clients. Accountable for sales activities, project execution and financial performance of major PGS projects.
• Project Complexity – Manages multiple small to medium sized Services projects, and/or small EPC project
• Number of Projects and/or Clients – Manages multiple clients and/or projects
• Client Management- Obtains new/repeat business on medium size projects; supports contract negotiations with client peers
• Risk to B&V(Profit & Loss Responsibility)- Manages risk which may include fixed price engineering, new technology or new clients
• Officer Expectations and Responsibilities- None
• Acts as a project manager. Among responsibilities is management of a project team. The individuals comprising this team may vary by project.
· Participate in strategy development
· Project management/execution
· Client relationship and business development
· Local talent training and development (PM/EMs)
· Business leadership
· Strong project financial management Skills
· Strong communicator and delegator
· Team development skills
Flexible working will be considered forthis role.
Education & training:
Bachelor of science or engineering degree.
Academic & profess’l qualif’ns: Professional qualification in project management (PMP, APMP) or in an engineering/ construction related discipline.
Gas turbines, reciprocating gas engines, diesel engines, combined cycle power plants, simple cycle power plants, waste to energy.
Strong technical background in power plant engineering and design combined with demonstrable project management skills and experience in leading power generation projects.
Motivated, ability to build teams, excellent communication skills, cultural and political business awareness, ability to influence and skills in mentoring and coaching
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Masters degree in engineering related subject.
Established client pool and strong relationships
Business development experience
Power plant EPC experience